Injector (#42) questions

Bacondoggy

Figuring I will eventually need some #42 injectors, and maybe even a larger fuel pump (I heard some people say a stock fuel pump will be ok with #42 injectors), I had a few questions about different injectors. Can all #42 injectors work without an aftermarket FPR? I do not plan on doing anything yet, as I need to actually get my car running right first, and then have other things to work on before I go with these, but I was looking at a few. Has anyone have any experience with the different brands?

I saw these and thought they seemed to be a good deal?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/42-lb-hr-Bosch-EV1-Fuel-Injectors-Ford-42lb-42pph-400cc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33554QQihZ018QQitemZ280164608250QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I guess most people go with Bosch or Ford racing injectors? What about Venom or Lucas?

Also, anyone know where to get a tune around the PA/MD area? Thanks!

Personally, I would upgrade that fuel pump to a 255lph anyway. The stock pump I think was rated for about 130lph, and that was back in its prime. I doubt it will do 130lph now.

Keep in mind as well that since our cars are supercharged, the fuel rail pressure needs to increase 1:1 to boost being made so the amount of fuel coming out of the injector is consistent, and an old tired 130 probably won't be able to maintain enough flow to sustain 42's at 80% duty cycle under 12psi boost.

As for FPR's, the stock one should be fine, unless its not working right.

Back