oil pressure question.

Back n black bird

Ok guys just went on a 5 hour road trip car ran awesome but my "check gauge" light kept coming on and off when the oil pressure gauge dropped to low. Is this normal? i have an after market gauge also in a pillar pod and that was normal. Just wondering with the check gauge light was caused by the low oil gauge. I know those stock things are pieces of crap. But i just get tired of seeing the stupid thing blinking away.

take it you had Len do a tune up??

Make shure the Oil pressure sender wire is attach to the Sender good and tight :) a loose (open/broken) connection would cuase the `Check gage' light and the guage to drop..

Since your aftermarket guage was showing all's good, and i think it'll be a little more trust worthy then the POS ford put in

but to also awnser your question, yes the `check gage' (Hey it's how ford spelt it) does come on when the oil pressure drops (below 5 PSI??)

I thought the "check gage" light was activated by the needles on the gauges themselves. If the needle drops to a certain point, then it activates the guage light.....ass soons as your gas guage drops down, the light also comes on......correct me if I'm wrong. If the aftermarket gauge was running normal, and the stock was not, I would trust the aftermarket one first.

Back