I'm afraid to ask!

stempak

My tranny shifts fine but on up shifts it is slipping half the time? I put a bottle of lucas in it and it stopped for a day or 2.?

auto im guessing, my lx would do this i dropped the pan, changed the filter and new gasket, make sure you use the new gaskets and that there all there, i got mine from az and one of the gaskets was missing. Didnt realize that and it was still slipping so dropped it again and noticed a missing gasket. Re-assembled it, filled it back up with fluid added lucas and car ran perfect till it got totaled! If you have a manual then probably servos or something!! Not an expert but thats my experience!

If it's a 94-95 don't be surprised if the transmission is on its way out. Depending on when the last fluid change was, I'd drain it and the TC, add a deep sump pan, and fill back up with Mercon V. I know it says not to use Mercon V, but go read any posts over on tccoa.com if you don't want to believe me.

He's got a 90, just did a search on him, so try changing the filter and gaskets as i suggested. The lucas is wonderful best 10 bucks ever spent. Also after i did mine my lx shifted better and tranny was much more responsive. Almost like a very mild shift kit.

Might want to start saving up for a rebuild on that AOD. The lucas is only going to hold it together for so long, especially if you drive the car hard.

Another option is to find an AOD out of another SC and get it rebuilt... less down time ;).

hey rebuild kits are cheap I get em locally for $140 with everything in em

seals clutches steels bands and roller bearings instead of bushings

its not hard to rebuild few tools needed and a clutch pack sleave.

its a thin steel or plastic sleave that fits over cluth servos so they slip in then you remove sleave not tearing the seals .

and valve body toque is the only thing that is critical .

Back