At Last.........

ecyrbh

....My son and I went for a ride around the block today.First time in almost 7 years that this car has moved under its own power.Everything (just about) is new mechanically,but still a few glitches.First on the list is the boost gauge.It slowly pulls vacuum at idle and stops somewhere around 12.It never goes into the boost side.Bypass valve works,engine idle is good,NO vacuum leaks at all,no CEL,its just runs too good to not to have any vacuum or boost.I think its just a bad gauge.Gonna use a hand held one this weekend. ABS light is on,but I haven't bled the rear brakes yet.Temp gauge reads about at the [M&A],fan comes on and off normally.Trans(has not been redone), is OK I think,But it will stack shift,probably TV cable adjustment.Odometer still does'nt work even after I replaced the little gear in the speedo head.A rolling romp at 30 mph is FUN.I gotta remember to take it a little easy for a while,but I couldn't resist.....Oh yeah,Dumb,stupid rebulit power steering pump noise:( Otherwise very happy...Any Ideas Guys on some of these glitches?

Last edited:
Glad you got it up and rolling; congratulations! Don't drive it too much if you think your TV cable is out of whack. I have the cable adjustment tool you can borrow if you want to check it out. I also might have a decent boost gage too. Check the line first; that's more likely the problem. I'm not traveling this week, so let me know if you want to borrow the gage...

JD

Yeah,I would like to borrow that tool.I'll check out the line this weekend also.Any ideas on the non working odometer?Maybe the little motor on the speedo or possibly the speed sensor on the trans,huh?

9 out of ten times its a leak from the line leading from the manifold to the boost gague. Check that out

Happy to hear its up and running!@

I double checked tonight and it(the vacuum line) is hooked up correctly.A hand held vacuum tester should tell me which is at fault here,shouldn't it?I also have a vacuum/fuel pressure test gauge that reads both vac & low psi fuel pressure,I'll try that also.Speed sensor wires are OK and intact.I'll use my volt/ohm meter to test the sensor for on/off signal.Another glitch that I forgot to mention was when you put the car in Drive or Reverse,the idle falls and stumbles and may sometimes die.That problem is more likely a lazy IAC vavle,right?

Back