91 5.0 LX..What SC parts will work??

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Got gave a 91 5.0 lx.. Front is smashed up from a deer.. Needs bumper, hood,radiator,fender.. 140k on it i believe.. Anyways... I have to go get it (110 miles or so) and i was wondering what SC parts will interchange? I've heard of where a SC that has the motor half took apart and in so so condition is cheap and i thought about getting it (when i have the $) and using the body parts to fix the LX and perhaps the front and rear bumpers and GFX also would a auto SC center section be a good upgrade for an LX? arent they 3.08 open?? will the instrument cluster swap? seats? door panels etc?? wheels, rear brakes? suspension parts?? Seems like it would be a good potintial DD beater that looked/handled sportier and maybe a bit quicker with SC rear-gears.. If i could use the SC parts i'd sell the stuff off the parts car i didnt need (extra engine, 2 trannys etc) so i'd really not have anything in the LX other than gas to go get it and time to fix it.. It ran/drove well before it hit the deer and there insurance considered it totaled and they just had liability so he said 'if you want it take it' (family member)

Aparently the parts car is the same color, white.. Kill a 5.0??? Those things are turd slow and need all the help they can get...

Aparently the parts car is the same color, white.. Kill a 5.0??? Those things are turd slow and need all the help they can get...

you do realize that the 5.0 is probably the most modified engine ever? Hell if you ask me 5.0 birds are rarer right now then sc's are. Stock vs stock an sc will beat a 5.0 bird but mod both of them and see which is one top.

Back