lowering gone wrong

blownbird2

ok guys.... get this. i bought a set of 1 1/2 inch drop springs from springtech. me and a friend put them in tonight with new strunts,ball joints bushings etc. the wheel well was 27 1/2 inches from the ground. now with the new spring its 28 1/2 !!! how the hell did i put inches and half drop springs in and go UP an inch.the car corners like a bmw now but im sitting higher. im really scratching my head . any ideas guys??

Did you load the suspension up before torqueing everything down? When I did mine, when I was ready to tighten everything up, I set up my jacks under the LCA's at full weight before it was all tightened up.

This prevents any loading up on the bushings when the car is on its wheels in its normal position.

I don't believe anything in the suspension could account for a 2.5" increase in height.

Are you sure you got the right springs?

Did you load the suspension up before torqueing everything down? When I did mine, when I was ready to tighten everything up, I set up my jacks under the LCA's at full weight before it was all tightened up.

This prevents any loading up on the bushings when the car is on its wheels in its normal position.

I agree with pre-loading the suspension, try it and see what happens.

should have went with H&R or Eibach, the rest don't lower the car much at all. S/T's are barely noticeable.

I have eibachs on one of my SC's and I cut my springs on the other one. Both cars are low.

My car came with the H&R springs already installed. It is exactly 1.5" lower than my brother's car with new stock springs.

That or sagged worn out stock springs. Two of my brother's were broken and it sat at 27.5". The end product is definitely stock ride height at 28.5".

should have went with H&R or Eibach, the rest don't lower the car much at all. S/T's are barely noticeable.

Scott anyone that has seen my teal or red sc knows the S/T springs drop the car..Lower then the EIbachs Ive had in the past as well

For his car to be that high the suspension just has to be prloaded. Both my cars sat lower right off the bat

Scott anyone that has seen my teal or red sc knows the S/T springs drop the car..Lower then the EIbachs Ive had in the past as well

For his car to be that high the suspension just has to be prloaded. Both my cars sat lower right off the bat

I saw your car years ago at carlisle I believe. I don't remember how low exactly, but the more recent S/T spring cars I've seen don't even look lowered. I was thinking to myself whats the point?

no i just tightend it up as i went along. what under there has enough leeway to drop that much?

Maybe I missed something but did you loosen all the upper and lower control bolts with the weight of the car on its wheels? If not I would do that and drive it around the block and put it on a DRIVE-On lift and tighten them back up with the weight of the car on the tires. You wont believe how much it will hold a car up in the air. Also allow some miles for springs to settle in Nascar springs can settle as much as 3/4 inch in 500 miles.

I sit at 27 1/2 with 94lx springs

I just had to mesaure where it sat at since I always have a hard time gettin a jack under it to the frame near the cats.:confused:

Back