What will keep IC piping cooler?

posjr

I'm looking for a paint that will help keep the piping cooler. Heat reflecting paint. I treid google but only found roof stuff. Which i dont mind so i my take a trip to the hardware store and see what i find. And it seems to be sandable. So i can paint over it with color or black.

Forgot to mention this is for a FMIC

Last edited:
well move to alaska and duct cold arctic air to it and itll be cool or double wall tube with iced water runing thru outside pipe. or reroute tubes so blower to ic is on bottom and upper goes to return plenum

reroute tubes so blower to ic is on bottom and upper goes to return plenum

Ok i see what your saying. I'll play with this ideal later So i would want the shortest amount of piping from IC to Supercharger right?

I thought about thermo-tec but to bulky. I know paint wont do much but since i'm going to paint the IC piping anyways i'll just add some heat paint.

Last edited:
fiberglass works good clamped down with zip ties or hose clamps. It aint that pretty but it gets the job done.

If your FMIC is efficient you dont need to worry about wrapping your pipes.. I know after a run the FMIC on FKR is cold to the touch on the outlet side..

Back