Can't get in my Car LOL.

rwami18

I have a funny one for ya. My battery died in my car, n I have my locks n door handles shaved. I can not figure out away, on how to get in my car.LOL.

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Ryan

Through the trunk. push hard on the seat back and it'll come of the hooks.

Then once you get it open you better wire up the remote door release.

You can also unlatch your hood with a screwdriver. Get a light up in there and you will see where to stick it.

You should have a mechanical override for the door latch. I also have the door solenoid wires accessible in my trunk. Worst case, I can pop the solenoids with a pair of jumper cables. :D

You can take a plastic wedge and stick that between the door and body then use a hanger with a hook or something to pull the handle. Or one of those thin metal tools that goes into the window trim to pop the latch.

- Dan

You can take a plastic wedge and stick that between the door and body then use a hanger with a hook or something to pull the handle. Or one of those thin metal tools that goes into the window trim to pop the latch.

- Dan

I have done this and used my antenna before on one of my other thunderbirds.

I've used that trick to push the unlock button, but his new SC has shaved handles and I'm assuming shaved trunk lock too. It's quite the show car from what I've seen.

Anyhow, I was thinking he could jack the car up and then hook a battery charger to the engine block somewhere to ground, and then to one of the terminals on the starter if you can see them (make sure its not the one that makes the starter crank) but after it sits on the charger for about 20 minutes you should be able to get the door open, and then pop the hood and fully charge the battery.

How old is the battery and why did it go dead? If it just went dead from sitting you either have a current draw when the car is off, or the battery is no good and won't hold a charge. If the battery is old or you don't know when it was replaced, get a new one for piece of mind.

Most cars with shaved locks have an emergency jumper terminal somewhere possibly could be under the ground effects of front bumper.

For future reference Ryan, you might want to get some extra battery cables and run them from the battery down behind the bumper and cover the end terminals so they don't corrode. Then if you ever need to charge the battery and can't get it, you can reach up under the bumper and get out the cables to hook into.

Is this SC in Michigan? I won't be up there for a while, but if you want help with running some hidden "jumper" battery cables in the future I can help you out next time we meet up. How's Iraq? Or are you back stateside?

They sell these at Home Depot as a last resort:)

687e_1.jpg

nahnah I do this all the time. Take a hanger, and make a closed loop on one end. put it in from the top of the door.. you just stab threw your weather stripping with it, or make a cut with a knife to get threw if you need to..you can loop it around the door handle if you bend it right, you'll figure it out. then grab the hanger realll good and just pull up on it and door will pop.

Update:

So I tried the screwdriver method. Worked like a charm, my step dad said. However, now I am under the hood, but when they charged the battery it still didn't work. I am guessing that the battery in the trunk is the one for the poppers for the car. So still can't get in the car. Any idea's?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........I really wish I was there, I would find a way.

Thanks,
Ryan

Find the hot wire from the trunk and jump it with the battery under the hood. Other than that all you can do is the coat hanger method or call the cops they carry a slim jim and can unlock your doors.

Find the hot wire from the trunk and jump it with the battery under the hood. Other than that all you can do is the coat hanger method or call the cops they carry a slim jim and can unlock your doors.

Ok Easy Fix Take the coat hanger get into the car by pulling the door handle ...... Take a ratchet and socket and undo the rear seat bing bada boom now charge the other batt....

nahnah I do this all the time. Take a hanger, and make a closed loop on one end. put it in from the top of the door.. you just stab threw your weather stripping with it, or make a cut with a knife to get threw if you need to..you can loop it around the door handle if you bend it right, you'll figure it out. then grab the hanger realll good and just pull up on it and door will pop.

cough cough cough

Most cops don't carry those anymore due to liability. They will make you call a locksmith. I locked my keys in my SC a few times. One time a I paid a locksmith $25 to slim jim the door. The other time I did it at a gas station in front of a pump on a busy day. Someone had a coat hanger and I was able to push the unlock button. But my battery wasn't dead.

just use a hangerrrrrrr and pull the handle like i said jeebus it takes longer to unbend the hanger then it does to open the door. I cant belive you have been locked out of your car for this long.

Back