oil dip stick

92sclikenew

ok well the last few times i checked my oill my dip stick seem'd lose didnt think much of it.. well last week when i check'd my oil it seem'd as if it had fallin out.well after 4 days of work and not much time to work on the car i got to it yesterday... i think it had broken off in the motor, clean off :eek: how would i get this out?? put a bolt in it.. :rolleyes: and try to wack it out with some visgrips:D if theres even room

another question about the dip stick tube its self how many rings does it have around it befor it go's into the motor

like mine when i pulled it out to see what the deal was i had one ring flat at the end(where it would seat)and then one about 2inchs up which this is what makes me think it got broken off because how would it go in.

u saying part of your dipstick broke off in the oil pan ?

get under there and look at the driver side of the oil pan or bottom of the block. you'll see the little hole.

u saying part of your dipstick broke off in the oil pan ?

get under there and look at the driver side of the oil pan or bottom of the block. you'll see the little hole.

yea i know were its at i just dont know what to do with it if there is a broken peice

ok it dipstick tube broke or dip stick? if its the tube then stick in a tappered bolt or self taping bolt ,

and pull it out they dont fit tight if the tube is broke but you cant find the little bit of tube it probably fell in crank case,

if so get a magnet good sized one and run in along oil pan bottom draw it near drain plug then drain oil it should come out if not get a magnetic drain plug so tube and or dip stick dont float around and hit something it should be safe as oil pickup has a screen. and wont suck up the parts,

need a oil tube and stick i have a few extras for shipping cost

ok it dipstick tube broke or dip stick? if its the tube then stick in a tappered bolt or self taping bolt ,

and pull it out they dont fit tight if the tube is broke but you cant find the little bit of tube it probably fell in crank case,

if so get a magnet good sized one and run in along oil pan bottom draw it near drain plug then drain oil it should come out if not get a magnetic drain plug so tube and or dip stick dont float around and hit something it should be safe as oil pickup has a screen. and wont suck up the parts,

need a oil tube and stick i have a few extras for shipping cost

yea its the tube and i think its broken piece is broken and still in the block i could use a newer dipstick, but now... (see other thread)

Back