Do 3.55 gears need a new speedo gear?

Pablo94SC

Like the title says... SCP doesn't list a different speedo gear for the 3.55, just 3.73 and 4.10.

Why waste your time on those paul, go 3.73 or go home. :D

For Grace?

Yep, and I will be running 3.73s out back, but the plan is run 255/50-18s on the street to help eliminate the remaining wheel gap with only a 1" drop. Anyway, those tires (28") with a 3.73 gear are equivalent to running a 3.55 gear with 26.6" (stock) tire diameter. Hence my question.

PS: Thanks for making me let the cat out of the bag... LOL :p

your tires are bad ? they have only been sitting for 3 years! they should work sweeeeeet haha

shea a real dirty gal

goo.jpg

ps- paul did you get a motor yet. I'll sell you mine for $2000

Last edited:
David, I named my SC Grace.

Miller, the tires on the car are still good. They only lost 10lbs of pressure sitting for two years and have no flat spots. And no, I don't want your ragged out engine. I'll be getting mine soon enough.

Yep, and I will be running 3.73s out back, but the plan is run 255/50-18s on the street to help eliminate the remaining wheel gap with only a 1" drop. Anyway, those tires (28") with a 3.73 gear are equivalent to running a 3.55 gear with 26.6" (stock) tire diameter. Hence my question.

PS: Thanks for making me let the cat out of the bag... LOL :p

that will look more goofy then leaving the gap.
Dont do it. get 26" tires.

Like the title says... SCP doesn't list a different speedo gear for the 3.55, just 3.73 and 4.10.

They both use the same 23 tooth gear. With 3.55's mine reads 5mph faster. We have a green speedo gear inside the tranny and not a blue one like the T5 and the red 21 tooth gear will read 8-9 mph faster. My 23 tooth gears last 2 years before they're chewed up.

Paul,
I would have to say no taller than a 255-45-18...But thats just my opinion. I thought thats what we talked about the other day:confused:

Brad

In case anyone is wondering. That motor is Pauls...Looks yummy..Millers motor happened to be rather clean when he pulled it apart.

The only other 3.8 I ever saw liek that wa sout of an 84 tbird

But Paul will be putting in another motor one of these days..That ones a dead duck

with your stock 4r70w you will need the 20 tooth orange gear for 3.55's
3.73's= 21 tooth purple.
4.10's = speedcal or use the chrysler gear that will destroy your transmission case.
Alan

Back