Temperature Fan Controller for IC Fan

fturner

Hey guys, I'm looking for a fan controller system that can take a temperature I set, like 100 degrees, and variably control a fan to hold that temp, with an override feed so the fan(s) will run at least a minimal of 75% when the main radiator fan is running in low speed mode if I run a feed to the controller to indicate the rad fan is running. It also needs to support an override switch to run the fan(s) at 100%.

The system needs to be able to handle at least 50 Amps spike, with about 20 amps constant.

Btw, for temp readings, I'm looking at ACT's.

Thoughts?

PEP Boys has them for $30. They have 2 types. One is electronic and the other is mechanical. I've got both and prefer the electronic.

Frit, why bother??? I have mine come on every time the ignition is on. Note, my car doesn't generate as much heat as yours...:rolleyes:

Frit, why bother??? I have mine come on every time the ignition is on. Note, my car doesn't generate as much heat as yours...:rolleyes:

Who knows, my engine may not have enough horsies to create the heat you do now ;).

Keep in mind that I'm trying to follow fast rules for my car, so alot of IC options folks go for I don't have, even a DIC is out of the question... heck the fan(s) I'm looking at can't be obvious ;).

Having air flowing over it constantly is a good way to keep the IC cool as possible for those times when you do use it. I suggest you make it easy on yourself and wire it to run constantly whenever the motor is on.

David

Make sure you throw a switch in there though too, just in case say the motor starts to fail, you don't want to run it till it comes apart.

As far as a thermostat, most of the time the air charge temp, just driving around is going to be close to a temp that will benefit from a fan.

Back