.? about headers install.........

z90sc

......put the Kooks mids on the passenger side today,wasn't too hard to do alone....put header in from under the car as the engine is in car...my question is.....does anyone have any shortcuts/secrets/suggestions to make the driver side easier?Looks as though I'll have to install from the top as the steering rag joint/column is in the way under the car......just not looking forward to r/r the power steering pump pulley again just to get the lower IC tube out of the way,so any ideas are welcomed...
Thanks,
z

Z, I thought you would just loosen up the whole accessory bracket and slide it forward after removing the i/c.....don't worry my friend, you know we'll get it done tommorow.....Keith

Last edited:
To install the drivers side all you need to do is remove the upper IC tube and intercooler, slide the accessory bracket forward, remove the bolt from the steering shaft push it into the car, remove the exhuast manifold and the install the header from the bottom. Also I would suggest that you notch the flange on the header so that it will go on with out having to remove the dipstick. I am sure I forgot something but you will figure out the little stuff as you go.

Charles

...thanks guys for the info about the steering shaft.....that made things really easy....and a special thanks to Keith for his help.....now if I could just drive it with the open headers and cats although I think my neighbors might object..
z

Back