PDA

View Full Version : SCCoSC

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-03-2007, 09:32 PM
So-Cal

You all drop of the face of the earth? I thought the old 11.911et we ran in 2003 would have been passed long ago. Now my 10.800et run still no challengers :-( Who will step up and challenge the California's quickest & fastest SC Army of One?

My point is I go to the track they always say we never see any other SC tbirds at any tracks in Calif. We need to show these Chevy dudes who we are in group like the old days. I will be at Sac-raceway on Sat through the end of December going for top spot hope to see some of you at one test & tune

Miller
11-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Jim arent Kevin and Dave Neibs a challange?

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Jim arent Kevin and Dave Neibs a challange?

( Note )

Dave is the only real Sc my challenge Kevin is a full light weight race car ladder bar the works non-street car we are out to go 10.67et and quicker before the end of the test and tune season to nab the number one spot. Starting next weekend so look for the post new best time to pop up. P.S mine is getting smoged to drive on the street and to the street machine events in 2008 a real 10 second street pounder like Dave's

This post was for a California SC to beat my record but thanks for stopping by :-)

PReDiTR91
11-04-2007, 12:05 AM
I think everybody in So Cal gave up on there SC's......

Ddubb
11-04-2007, 12:55 AM
... or they're not running .. ;)

- Dan

Ira R.
11-04-2007, 03:24 AM
... or they're not running .. ;)

- Dan

That's 'cause Jim scared them all off! :p

Ira

Kevin Leitem
11-04-2007, 02:17 PM
( Note )

Dave is the only real Sc my challenge Kevin is a full light weight race car ladder bar the works non-street car we are out to go 10.67et and quicker before the end of the test and tune season to nab the number one spot. Starting next weekend so look for the post new best time to pop up. P.S mine is getting smoged to drive on the street and to the street machine events in 2008 a real 10 second street pounder like Dave's

This post was for a California SC to beat my record but thanks for stopping by :-)

jealousy will get you no where, maybe if you actually came to the shootout you would have seen my car and saw how street my car actually is and how far away it actually is from a race car. try getting video of the run, since you have sooo many crew members, one should be capable of running a camera. sorry jim, you called BS on me a while back and said there was no way i could run them numbers without nitrous. but now you contradict yourself and say you knew back in 2003 you could run 10's. sorry jim, I call BS.

P.S. if you do film it, make sure the cameraman dosen't catch the purge

Kevin Leitem
11-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin Leitem
I went to Dragway 42 today with 25% overdrive. The results were quite impressive since once again traction was horrible. It went 11.305 @ 122.60 MPH. With a 1.638 60'. The car spun real bad, I feel that with good traction it should pull low 1.5 or high 1.4 The MPIII is really starting to come alive. I am truely impressed with how well this charger is performing when it is spinning harder. I hope the weather holds out for another week and see what it will do at 30%!! but the yellow copies do not scan well. but here it is in writing.

60' 1.6380
330' 4.6490
1/8 7.2269
1/8 mph 94.98
1000' 9.4150
1/4 11.3051
1/4 mph 122.60

Keven this hard to belive.

You ran this quick without Nitrous any member there to see it? and look it over for the use of Nitrous? This is getting out of hand no rules on record runs to prove nothing was used. Sorry to say but something is not right here on your deal

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
jealousy will get you no where, maybe if you actually came to the shootout you would have seen my car and saw how street my car actually is and how far away it actually is from a race car. try getting video of the run, since you have sooo many crew members, one should be capable of running a camera. sorry jim, you called BS on me a while back and said there was no way i could run them numbers without nitrous. but now you contradict yourself and say you knew back in 2003 you could run 10's. sorry jim, I call BS.

P.S. if you do film it, make sure the cameraman dosen't catch the purge

Ha Ha now thats funny!

I lost respect for you ever since your TBU remark Jealousy? over what? Your race car? Try doing it with IRS AOD Full weight I dont think a race car should be in the topSC list do you? Anyway video or not we are going for it if we hit it this next Sat well keep pushing it through Dec. You got a challenger buddie like it or not Non-Nitrous all the way this makes it fun race car Vs Real SC

Kevin Leitem
11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Ha Ha now thats funny!

I lost respect for you ever since your TBU remark Jealousy? over what? Your race car? Try doing it with IRS AOD Full weight I dont think a race car should be in the topSC list do you? Anyway video or not we are going for it if we hit it this next Sat well keep pushing it through Dec. You got a challenger buddie like it or not Non-Nitrous all the way this makes it fun race car Vs Real SC

if it was real i would love it. I thought of all people you would know what a real race car was. I went 11.05 last year on IRS. and I haven't sent a slip in to them yet. I don't care if it gets posted up, unlike you who kept on bugging them to post it.
what makes mine a race car jim? because it is light? hows that exhaust of yours on the street?

and sorry i lost respect for you long ago, HMM, probably when you called BS on me!

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-04-2007, 03:06 PM
if it was real i would love it. I thought of all people you would know what a real race car was. I went 11.05 last year on IRS. and I haven't sent a slip in to them yet. I don't care if it gets posted up, unlike you who kept on bugging them to post it.
what makes mine a race car jim? because it is light? hows that exhaust of yours on the street?

Kevin

I dont have time for back and forth BS match what makes your car a race car? Well lets start with ladder bar and for 8" rear end and housing,light weight coil over shocks light weight C4 Trans or Powerglide, K-member front with light weight struts, Stripped radio and all wiring just covers to look real, light weight racing seats, removed whipper motor and heater etc. you have all non factory SC all race car items ( Light Weight) P.S my exhaust is still in the car I have 11in sections that I turn to the side plus still have original gas tank in the car with 2 gal fuel cell. You keep at your goal I will keep with mine the factory beast shooting for number 1

Ira R.
11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Now the shame of this is that there is about 2,500 miles seperating this conversation from anything that will ever be resolved. Pity, because I think it's number two on the list of races people would love to see.

Anyway, after checking out your mod list Jim I have a question. I know you keep making reference to Kevin's car as a race car because of the modifications he has made, so please forgive an untrained eye here but what is the difference between what you consider a race car and given your rmodifications, a car with a race engine?

Ira

Miller
11-04-2007, 03:19 PM
I'll put $20 in a pot towards travel money to make it happen...

FAST IS FAST no excuses. if you hold yourself back with old ideas, you better be making up for it to keep up with those moving foward.... we're all about progress and moving foward these days.

ps- can i borrow yours? http://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/images/products/NOS-05029_m.jpg

PReDiTR91
11-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I got my 20! Dan...you tailking about me????:D Just waiting for my income tax money & my car will run! Not gonna be a real SC though but Ill line it up with who ever!:cool: But back to tupac & biggie...

Kevin Leitem
11-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Kevin

I dont have time for back and forth BS match what makes your car a race car? Well lets start with ladder bar and for 8" rear end and housing,light weight coil over shocks light weight C4 Trans or Powerglide, K-member front with light weight struts, Stripped radio and all wiring just covers to look real, light weight racing seats, removed whipper motor and heater etc. you have all non factory SC all race car items ( Light Weight) P.S my exhaust is still in the car I have 11in sections that I turn to the side plus still have original gas tank in the car with 2 gal fuel cell. You keep at your goal I will keep with mine the factory beast shooting for number 1

sounds good jim, why don't we take out my street engine and put your race engine in my race car and just skip the 9's altogether

Ddubb
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL yeah Im talking about you Omar .. we need to get our non SC, V8 Tbirds running and give these guys a challenge. I just finished my engine but now I have a small change of plans. :D

- Dan

ironworker
11-04-2007, 06:57 PM
shoot im comming for them with a real sc .. now that i can park it and do everything i want to it .. im pushing by this comming summer to have over 400 hp or more... right now i can smoke omar car lol lmao . when mine is done its going to give people a run for there money i hope

Ddubb
11-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Anybody can smoke a car with no engine .. :rolleyes:

- Dan

mannysc
11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
where and when ever you two meet I'm there!!!

ill be referee out side of the track .

how about we set it up on tv on pinks great grudge race. and Jim can give me Kevins sc when he wins it . or vice versa no really this would be a great race but as said 2,500 miles between is alot of space.

PReDiTR91
11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Im glade your gonna keep the car CW...Again! Stop trying to sell it every 6 months!LOL:D Im with Manny lets get this thing on Pinks!!!

XR7 Dave
11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I have a lot of respect for what Jim and his dad have done. Jim's car is in fact very much a real SC no matter how you look at it. It has seen no weight reduction, it still has the AC in place, etc. Jim and his dad did not try to turn the SC into something it's not which is very cool in it's own right. As Jim said, it is very easy to just reconnect the exhaust system and have a blindingly fast street car.

It much easier to take Kevin's approach. IRS doesn't work? Toss it. Don't really want power windows? Ditch 'em. Don't need a front bumper? Take it off. Not enough boost? Get a turbo, etc. Yes, uncorking headers is the oldest trick in the book and while I wouldn't do it myself it certainly isn't anything new for any number of 1000's of street cars over the past 50 years.

Being able to drive a race car on the street is nothing new either. For example, there are any number of race cars that participate in Hot Rod's Drag Week. If you don't know these guys have to drive their cars, rain or shine to each track and must bring all the tools/parts/ etc. that they need with them. This means current tags and insurance, etc. Does driving the cars down the highway for 5 days straight make them street cars? No. And the drivers freely admit that they are race cars. I don't see what the problem is with admitting that your car is a race car that gets driven on the street occasionally.

Kevin Leitem
11-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I have a lot of respect for what Jim and his dad have done. Jim's car is in fact very much a real SC no matter how you look at it. It has seen no weight reduction, it still has the AC in place, etc. Jim and his dad did not try to turn the SC into something it's not which is very cool in it's own right. As Jim said, it is very easy to just reconnect the exhaust system and have a blindingly fast street car.

It much easier to take Kevin's approach. IRS doesn't work? Toss it. Don't really want power windows? Ditch 'em. Don't need a front bumper? Take it off. Not enough boost? Get a turbo, etc. Yes, uncorking headers is the oldest trick in the book and while I wouldn't do it myself it certainly isn't anything new for any number of 1000's of street cars over the past 50 years.

Being able to drive a race car on the street is nothing new either. For example, there are any number of race cars that participate in Hot Rod's Drag Week. If you don't know these guys have to drive their cars, rain or shine to each track and must bring all the tools/parts/ etc. that they need with them. This means current tags and insurance, etc. Does driving the cars down the highway for 5 days straight make them street cars? No. And the drivers freely admit that they are race cars. I don't see what the problem is with admitting that your car is a race car that gets driven on the street occasionally.

dave, if my way was the easy way then why is no one else doing what i have. when mine is a race car i will definately admit it. But i worked hard in order to keep it streetable. I really could have gutted it like shanes car, but i opted not to. I could of easily put an aluminum dash in it, easily built a full tube chassis and mounted a bird body on it with lexan windows and fibeglass doors and trunk. I think mine is more fun to drive this way than it ever was. I like the sound, The feel and definately the look. I personally think having a 4000 pound 400+ RWHP is stupid and a waste of a good car. but do i always make comments to them? NO! Its funny when i am at a track with real race cars and all the people that come up to me and talk about how cool mine is because it is still a street car. just because it has non factory parts does not mean "race car". is a street rod a race car? are them tubbed 4 linked prostreet cars a race car? say what you will dave, make any excuse you want dave, but it IS a street car that drag races. go to the track more often!

PReDiTR91
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Who cares what mods are done to these cars as long as we keep them alive & whippen butt at the track! I cant afford to build a super SC so Im going V8 & I can barley afford that! You guys need to contact Pinks & show the world what these cars can do! By the way welcome to the So Cal chapter every one... we love to talk crap!:D:D:D

Kevin Leitem
11-04-2007, 11:31 PM
so dave, why do you need ac, radio, power windows, factory suspension, factory seats and so on the be streetable? I will admit i lost luxuries, but half of that crap i ripped off before i even got interested in drag racing anyway. modifying cars has been going on since the first car was made. why should it stop now. when I go to a car show I never even look at the all original mustangs and chevelles and cars like that, sorry boring, I am the type that would take a rare car and cut it and make it mine. not keep it like factory

XR7 Dave
11-05-2007, 12:09 AM
so dave, why do you need ac, radio, power windows, factory suspension, factory seats and so on the be streetable? I will admit i lost luxuries, but half of that crap i ripped off before i even got interested in drag racing anyway. modifying cars has been going on since the first car was made. why should it stop now. when I go to a car show I never even look at the all original mustangs and chevelles and cars like that, sorry boring, I am the type that would take a rare car and cut it and make it mine. not keep it like factory

Kevin you have said many times that you think 400rwhp 4000lb cars are stupid. I don't think it's very respectful to call others stupid. It's not your cup of tea but its not stupid either. I could just as easily say it was stupid for you to do all that junk to your SC when you could have just started with a car more properly suited for drag racing. Why is it ok in your mind to turn your SC into something it was never designed to be but when people try to keep their SC's like they were made you call it stupid? Compared to a full tube chassis car yours isn't a race car but compared to a regular SC yours most certainly is a race car.

mannysc
11-05-2007, 01:07 AM
I think Kevin is right its a pro street not a race car . I'm planning a pro street SC and it wont be a race car just a fast street freak.

I can see Jim's point I usually do .

but at the same time a race car is a purpose built vehicle no holds barred race thingamajiggy,

I'm gonna go 4 link tuned and mp iii style blower but its not gonna be a race car I may never hit the strip with it .

I like Kevin's method of getting quick but also respect Jim's way of pushing a heavy arse boat into the tens hard work for sure,

nobody's wrong or right its all a personal choice thats what is so nice about this club is everyones SC is not a clone of the others.

I applaud Kevin and Jim and David and Dave and coy and well everyone from the top five to the bottom five hell I'm not on any list nor do i want to be .

Jim is a good friend of mine or so i conceder him Kevin I don't know but I like his SC muncho, so not a question of which is better but which will win this week next week will be different . is this a race car?

al35thsc
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
FYI: The minute you disconnect smog devices like cat converters in CA, the car is no longer a street legal car.

I hate these conversations because stuff like 400 HP full weight IRS cars is stupid and using C4 ladder bar or nitrous is the easy way always gets thrown around and people who know who the comment is aimed for get their panties in a bunch. :rolleyes:

There is more than one way to meet your goals. Trying to put people's accomplishments down because they don't reflect the rules you are trying to follow to get to yours is the real stupidity IMO.

mannysc
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
FYI: The minute you disconnect smog devices like cat converters in CA, the car is no longer a street legal car.

I hate these conversations because stuff like 400 HP full weight IRS cars is stupid and using C4 ladder bar or nitrous is the easy way always gets thrown around and people who know who the comment is aimed for get their panties in a bunch. :rolleyes:

There is more than one way to meet your goals. Trying to put people's accomplishments down because they don't reflect the rules you are trying to follow to get to yours is the real stupidity IMO.

true true true oh yeahI like my pantys all bunched up!!!

Kevin Leitem
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
so dave, that short wheelbase car of yours must be a race car too.

Miller
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I want a race car. Im taking my AC out too

al35thsc
11-05-2007, 07:42 PM

If your's is a race car, then Dave's is 7/8's :D:D:D

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-05-2007, 09:30 PM

You Guy's

You just dont get the big picture do you? Hell your car is in fact an LX tbird with SC ground effects right? its not even an SC vin# so tell me what are you doing coming off as an SC anyway? To make this short your the only one with a gutted race car with ladder bar suspension and race car front suspension. Dave's car is the real deal SC factory stock IRS AOD hell you should have took a Pinto and did this race car deal to for a racer like you wanting a light car. Next season after you get your new heads and cam no one will come close to you reason being your light weight race car will always have an edge on the rest. Kevin put some weight in it lets play hard ball motor to motor weigh the same a real challenge

mannysc
11-05-2007, 10:24 PM
If your's is a race car, then Dave's is 7/8's :D:D:D

LOL!!
the most modified chasis of the ones posting here. but no its a customized sc . not a race car like i said its all how you look at it .

is mine a race car because all intake parts are one off modified parts heck no unless im racing vw rabbit diesels.

Jim is a real sc in that its a factory sc but kevins is a sc in that its a good clone.

mannysc
11-05-2007, 11:11 PM
spot me 3 cars and ill run you Jim lol

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-05-2007, 11:25 PM
spot me 3 cars and ill run you Jim lol

SCCoA Pink's All out :-)

I will give you 2 1/2 cars you one stage Nitrous Ha Ha who is going to put up the $10,000 and Napa Tool box full of tools?

Kevin Leitem
11-05-2007, 11:36 PM
You Guy's

You just dont get the big picture do you? Hell your car is in fact an LX tbird with SC ground effects right? its not even an SC vin# so tell me what are you doing coming off as an SC anyway? To make this short your the only one with a gutted race car with ladder bar suspension and race car front suspension. Dave's car is the real deal SC factory stock IRS AOD hell you should have took a Pinto and did this race car deal to for a racer like you wanting a light car. Next season after you get your new heads and cam no one will come close to you reason being your light weight race car will always have an edge on the rest. Kevin put some weight in it lets play hard ball motor to motor weigh the same a real challenge

actually jim they are A&A ground effects. the back bumper says thunderbird LX, we custom made it from an sc bumper. if it would make you feel better, I can take my sc vin and put my car around it. once again how do you know its gutted, you never saw it. it still has all factory pieces on interior. door panels, carpet, front and rear seats. ect ect. of all people jim you should know what a true race car is. for all i know yours is too. but i don't hide anything. i tell everyone what I have done. I don't hide any speed secrets. I want others to be able to do what i have done, I have many people wanting soilid axles put in their car. People like you and dave have a problem because i looked at other places than under the hood to make improvements. whats the difference between an AR blower and a solid axle? neither one came factory. what about your special heads, blower and cog drive vs my C4? I don't have any special parts on the car that any one can't get from any vendor. I am sure if my car ran 12.40 you guys wouldn't be crying the blues. If you are so concerned about keeping it true, then put stock heads on it, get rid of the cog system, get the transbrake out. and every other non factory part. you guys don't like my light car, but the truth is most people are just too lazy or not deticated enough to completely disassemble the entire car and find every ounce here and there. or spend hundred of hours researching, measuring and installing a solid axle. Most on here never new a C4 would bolt to an SC engine let alone be almost a direct bolt in. but i get faulted for making the car better, but its OK for you guys to make the engine better? sorry, changing a part on the engine is no different than changing a part on the suspension.

Kevin Leitem
11-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Jim, I really don't have anything against you, It would be great if we could run against each other some day, BS with each other, I am sure we would regain respect for each other.

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Jim, I really don't have anything against you, It would be great if we could run against each other some day, BS with each other, I am sure we would regain respect for each other.

Kevin

Glad to see this, I dont have anything against you eather on your 10.97et run at the Shootout I was happy and posted Congrats to your effort. After the TBU post you made after my 10.800et run it made me think other wise. I think racing side by side match racing would be neat and talk person to person I still have respect for you we both got racing blood :-)

mannysc
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM
manny puts popcorn away and grabs a beer . time to turn on tv and watch ,

some reruns of the man show

David Neibert
11-12-2007, 07:22 PM
SC drama is the best.

Jim...I didn't know you predicted exactly when you would be taking the #1 spot. That makes it even more impressive. Sure you don't have some nitromethene in that fuel cell ?

David

PReDiTR91
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Jim is gonna be mad at me for telling you his secret formula in his fuel.......

Tequila!!!!!!!!!!! wait thats my secret formula...........

sdlee1
12-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I just love it! :p

1st, congrat's Jim on the "9"! :eek:

This is former "rivlee", now "sdlee1".

I've been missing for the last 2-3 yrs due to a lot o' hospital visits and HD chemo and 2 moves. I'm considered terminal - but not dead yet! ;) I can't travel anymore but still drive my '90 Silverbird. :)

When I last posted, getting into the "10s" was the big thing. To me, pushing a 4K lb SC into the "9s" is inconcieveable. :eek:

I see that a lot of guys are in the "10s" today and regardless of how they got there, I applaude and congradulate them! :cool:

Everybody's got their goals and methods - which is why there's vanilla AND chocolate.

Jim's Dad was a big part of setting those up for his car, and if you ever saw those two together, you'd understand why he's so hardcore and proud of his accomplishments.

This has ALWAYS caused a lot of trashtalk and anger. Like I said before - some things never change.

My goals have never changed either. A comfortable luxory sport coupe which has a smooth ride, will go around a corner like it's nailed down and will turn the 1/4 in the "13s". I'm real close, but may never be able to verify the 1/4 time. Oh well, at least I still get to drive it. :D

Lee

Jim Demmitt Jr
01-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I just love it! :p

1st, congrat's Jim on the "9"! :eek:

This is former "rivlee", now "sdlee1".

I've been missing for the last 2-3 yrs due to a lot o' hospital visits and HD chemo and 2 moves. I'm considered terminal - but not dead yet! ;) I can't travel anymore but still drive my '90 Silverbird. :)

When I last posted, getting into the "10s" was the big thing. To me, pushing a 4K lb SC into the "9s" is inconcieveable. :eek:

I see that a lot of guys are in the "10s" today and regardless of how they got there, I applaude and congradulate them! :cool:

Everybody's got their goals and methods - which is why there's vanilla AND chocolate.

Jim's Dad was a big part of setting those up for his car, and if you ever saw those two together, you'd understand why he's so hardcore and proud of his accomplishments.

This has ALWAYS caused a lot of trashtalk and anger. Like I said before - some things never change.

My goals have never changed either. A comfortable luxory sport coupe which has a smooth ride, will go around a corner like it's nailed down and will turn the 1/4 in the "13s". I'm real close, but may never be able to verify the 1/4 time. Oh well, at least I still get to drive it. :D

Lee

Lee Thanks

Welcome back its been a very long time last I seen you was at Bakersfeild that was a great meet. I am glad our doing good after going through all that and you still have your SC. I know the big thing was 10's now its 9's there will be two more in the 9's soon. My friend Mike Davis out of Concord Calif is building a 35th and one out of Neno Nevada Sparks one of the Yule Bros.kids there out to whip my butt should be an interesting 2008 we are going back out in few to move it into mid to low 9's

I wish we could go back to the good old days Bakersfeild, Vegas, when these clubs where full of life and lots of people. Hope to see you soon Lee

mannysc
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
yeah like we in so calif are gonna get a 9 sec sc any time soon that takes yrs to work up to

ill com,e out with something next yr when i change my name to the califorina kid new sc new name and a few new mods ,

i like that movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqfcUzUEoTw

Kris Campos
03-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Jim,

I would like to congratulate you on learning how to spell and use correct grammar. It used to bug the crap out of me.

-Kris