LED Lights?

007_SuperCoupe

Has anyone switched over to the LED lights that are available for our car? If so, were there any problems during installation that I need to be worried about? Specifically I'm talking about the rear tail/turn lights and the front turn lights. I know that when a bulb burns out, it will flash faster. Does this happen with just installing the LEDs without a flasher unit of some sort? Or do they function just fine.

I'm just looking at switching to LEDs so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you mean HID?

No, I didn't. LED is what I'm looking for. I'm looking at the lights they currently make for the T-bird...of which are the rear brake/turn signal lights, back-up lights, 3rd brake light, front side marker lights and front turn signal lights. They also make a few lights that will be applical on the interior of the car, but right now, I'm just focusing on the exterior.

HID is a non-option for the legality reasons. I drive my SC all the time, so HID just won't work for me.

I do have led's throughout my car, complete interior, backup, license plate
all those work as normal. They are a great replacment and put out a very nice crisp brighter light.
as for the turn signals, most led's will cause the blink to be faster, i had some in there and went back to silverstars for the very reason.

Yeah you would actually need a different flasher or some kind of resistor in place to make it all work properly..LED's use hardley any power compared to a standard bulb

Yeah, they've got load resistors as well as a flasher unit. I guess I need to find out the pin of the stock flasher to see if they match up to any of them provided by the LED store. A new flasher is the best, if it's available. If not, then I'll need the load resistors to simulate a standard bulb to slow the flash back down to standard speed.

The flasher on my 90 was quite an oddball and very non standard. Haven't looked under my 93, but wouldn't be shocked to find the same. Only found it direct from Motorcraft via RockAuto.

I don't doubt that I'll need the load resistors instead, but it's worth checking out.

Where on the car are the located at? That's my first step is to even know where they are...

Back