O.K. Guys,help me out(again)please...........

ecyrbh

Alright,one of the first things I did last year when I got my 91 after I pulled engine and trans was to replace all 4 calipers and rotors.I also replaced the pressure switch on the left inner frame rail as it was leaking.I also replaced the (Bosch style) pigtail connector at that same switch.I gravity bled the entire system without ever touching the brake pedal.Now that I have the car up and running,My ABS light is on continuously whenever the key is on(of course).The brakes function properly,plenty of assist.I've bled the rear brakes the way it says in the FSM,and it still stays on.I can discharge the accumulator,and I charges right back up.So I believe my relay is OK. My firm ride light will come on if I press down harder but will go off after a few seconds along with a relay click/clunk noise that sounds like its coming from the trunk area.I've done a search on this and some threads say replace the relay regardless.I just find it hard to believe that my relay is bad causing all of this,although I have not tried a panic stop to see if the ABS does or doesn't work. Please help.............:confused: Can someone also post a pic of the rear bumper supports that keep it from sagging and how they attach to the car itself,Thanks

Last edited:
Where did you get the pressure switch from? I doubt its the relay.

As for the rear bumper supports, on mine they look a lot like nylon cord. :D

Last edited:
Preing on the pedal and getting the Firm Ride light is normal. If rear brake line pressure goes above 400 PSI it is supposed to switch to firm.

As far as the light.....get codes read and report back. Other than that you are guessin.

I agree...the ABS Pump Relay is probably OK and NOT the source of this problem.

I probably can,But this car hasn't run for almost seven years.Is it possible that this could have been stored for this amount of time or is it possible it was created after all the work that I have done?I don't want to try to erase or clear codes until I get it read.I have disconnected the battery since bleeding the brakes,no change though.

Thanks everyone for the help,I'll see if I can get the codes read and report back.On another note,anybody have pics of those rear bumper supports,mine looks terrible,reminds me of teenager wearing his pants around his hips just to show off the boxers.............

I don't have a pic, but on mine, there is one black plastic panel that hangs straight down from the rear bumper (or vicinity thereof) and connects with push clips to the tabs on the bumper. You may have some broken tabs, but maybe your plastic panel is just missing.

Bryce - I shot some photos of my bracket. PM me your email address, and I'll send them to you.

JD

NEVERMIND - I found your email address on a recent PM. - JD

Last edited:
Bracket Photos

Okay, I resized the photos, and emailed them to you from the resizer web site. Let me know if you don't get them, and I'll try again.

JD

Back