Flasher units?

007_SuperCoupe

Where are the flasher units for the turn signals located at? I'm looking to switch to LEDs, but need to replace the flasher unit(s) if one for the LEDs is available. I also need the pin-out for them as well to compare to what is available currently. Otherwise, I'll have to install load resistors. The flashers are the first choice and the better option, if available. I just hope our flasher units are not part of the multifunction switch...

From my 93...oh, and it's under the dash, to the right of the steering column. turn on the hazard and feel for the click.

Attachments

• 41864736.gif
    41864736.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for that. The diagram really helped out. Looks like they actually have one that is a possibility. I've attached the info of the one that might work. It's labelled as a "Ford truck" but could be applicable to other Ford vehicles. They just know it can be used on a Ford truck. They don't keep track of all the specific vehicles that it will work for. However, it does appear that it might work. On the diagram you attached, it appears that the upper left connection is for the ignition, the upper right is the (+). The lower left is ground and the two remaining are for the loads (one for blinkers and one for hazards). Please correct me if I'm wrong. It was difficult to read some of the stuff on there. That is the same as the flasher they have available. The only thing that I don't know is if they physically line up properly. The pic I've attached shows the physical layout of the flasher. The part number is labelled as, "EP27L"...Does this check out to be applicable to the T-Bird...SC in particular? You'd think something like that would remain constant from one vehicle type to another...but that's making things easy, and we all know Ford doesn't do that...

Attachments

• EP27L.jpg
    EP27L.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 112
  • EP27L[1].doc
    86.5 KB · Views: 167
If the picture is accurate on Rockauto, then it doesn't look like it will work. But I don't know if that is accurate or not...

Motorcraft #SF585 , E8OY13350A listed as turn signal flasher on Rock Auto.

give it a shot.. you can wire resistors, caps, stuff into the harness to get them to work, kinda old school.

Back