PDA

View Full Version : Well done Jim..........

GONE14S
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I glad that you finished what your father wanted for you and did not let the dream fall by the wieght side. I know you had to reach deep down to move forward.
I hope you will keep pushing ......
Now it's time to cut a piece of the pie just for yourself...............!

I'm glad that after all this time that life is good again.....nothing but the best Bubba!

Well done......

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I glad that you finished what your father wanted for you and did not let the dream fall by the wieght side. I know you had to reach deep down to move forward.
I hope you will keep pushing ......
Now it's time to cut a piece of the pie just for yourself...............!

I'm glad that after all this time that life is good again.....nothing but the best Bubba!

Well done......

Kurt

Thanks Kurt :-)

We got California in the game now when dad built this engine he said it was the most powerful Ford 3.8V6 ever. Dan did the tune before Wed test & tune he cant belive the power this engine is making on blower alone. We will keep at it lets see if we can hit 9's first :-) Bob Jenkins is going to help us with weight to power ratio them Super Stock guys are smart with weight and getting it set up right. Not a bad reaction time on the 5 tenths tree first run was a .501 love that Trans brake

GONE14S
11-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Ah, it's just good to see you back out there again doing what what your good at. I think your piece of the pie will be a 9 sec run;)

I'm going to have to get out there and see this. It's been a while in the coming.

Kurt

mannysc
11-09-2007, 03:07 AM
was there any doubt? i always knew he would be #1

im comming for you even if i have to do this lol

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-09-2007, 05:45 AM
was there any doubt? i always knew he would be #1

im comming for you even if i have to do this lol

Wowwwww

Now that is a Blown Bad Boy Manny's beast :-) Thanks I am glad to give the Calif SC'ers a number 1 run

91BLOWNBIRD
11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm interested to know the dyno numbers...? And let us know how they reduced the weight of the vehicle cause that is one of the biggest prob;ems with dragging the t-birds (so heavy). Congrats and good luck!

~Jeff (San Jose)

Ddubb
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
There are tons of ways to reduce weight on the vehicle, I know all about that. But Jim's car is still a full weight vehicle for now, as far as I know.

- Dan

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-09-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm interested to know the dyno numbers...? And let us know how they reduced the weight of the vehicle cause that is one of the biggest prob;ems with dragging the t-birds (so heavy). Congrats and good luck!

~Jeff (San Jose)

Jeff Thank's

The car is it full weight 4054lbs we are making over 500rwhp I am going to get it to 3000lbs see if we can nail 9's before the end of December

91BLOWNBIRD
11-10-2007, 08:19 PM
doesn't sound like it will be too much of a problem @ 3000lbs with 500+ :)...good luck and have fun with it!

Ira R.
11-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Jeff Thank's

The car is it full weight 4054lbs we are making over 500rwhp I am going to get it to 3000lbs see if we can nail 9's before the end of December

WoW Jim. Forgive a comment from the other coast, but that's an awful lot of weight. Especially with you driving. If the pics are accurate you can't weigh more than 175lbs soaking wet!! What the heck weighs so much in that thing!??!?!

Ira

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
WoW Jim. Forgive a comment from the other coast, but that's an awful lot of weight. Especially with you driving. If the pics are accurate you can't weigh more than 175lbs soaking wet!! What the heck weighs so much in that thing!??!?!

Ira

Ira

It Don't matter if your from the other coast we are all family here the Nor-Cal is a warm place to be. Your right 176lbs me and Tommy Ivo are the same size the car has everything in it plus roll bar. I am going to take weight out 1000lbs but retain the IRS that is in my mind what makes it a real SC. Chuck Delue race cars wants to get the weight down but keep it stock looking inside and out

He is going to do something to the IRS and add limiters to the front to where it will only have 2" travel he calls it IRS weight transfer setup :-)

Ira R.
11-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Ira

It Don't matter if your from the other coast we are all family here the Nor-Cal is a warm place to be. Your right 176lbs me and Tommy Ivo are the same size the car has everything in it plus roll bar. I am going to take weight out 1000lbs but retain the IRS that is in my mind what makes it a real SC. Chuck Delue race cars wants to get the weight down but keep it stock looking inside and out

Well I guess the difference is in the cage, because I weigh a whole lot more than you but your car comes in heavier than mine. I'm pretty new around here so I don't even know what your car looks like. Would love to some pics

Ira

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Well I guess the difference is in the cage, because I weigh a whole lot more than you but your car comes in heavier than mine. I'm pretty new around here so I don't even know what your car looks like. Would love to some pics

Ira

Ira

Here you go its a stocker stock hood and all I am getting some light weight Monoco racing wheels plus new glass hood etc.

CMac89
11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Are those 30" tires, or is the car lowered with 28" tires?

Looks good.

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Are those 30" tires, or is the car lowered with 28" tires?

Looks good.

Thank You!

My car is lowerd 2" these are Hoosier's 28.0x10.0-15 drag slicks I have M/T front runners also. I am switching to Goodyear front runners they are much lighter and I got a set of Monoco aluminum racing wheels in the works for it there real light. I had to roll in the top inner rear upper fender lip to clear them they fit perfect no rubbing. The front sits 1" 1/2 lower I have to put a 2x6 under the left front and rear tire to get the door open on the trailer