92 blower

Onewhitesc

ok, here is the deal. I'm a long time reader (bout 3 years), first time poster. Just fyi, this site has been a god send for keeping my bird in good running order. The other day I noticed a whine that has never been there b4. Figured it was probably just the power steering pump begining to act up. well today I got around to opening up the hood to check it out. I can say for a fact that its my blower. My stupid odometer quit working around 2 years ago at 106k so I figure I have about maybe 120-140K on the engine. I checked the blower fluid and it was perfectly clear and uncloudy. from looking around on here, i'd say its either the front or rear bearings making that racket. I guess adding new fluid would do me no good at all huh? Just trying to get a feel to see if i should rebuild my original or maybe even upgrade to the 94 style with inlet of course. I was trying to stay pretty much original and not do any real big mods. Any input would be helpful. trying to find anyone around here (charlotte nc) that knows jack about these cars is impossible.

I just checked the oil on my 91 and it was really low. Added fluid and then it start to make bearing noise.:mad: Go figure.

I had a heavily ported 91 ready to go on anyways that is just waiting for seals. I had three sitting around and a brand new 94/95 with inlet but I wanted to experiment with the oval blower and inlet first. Blower is ported but the inlet has not been cut apart and welded yet.

If it is the rotor bearings, they are easy enough to replace. The snout bearings are harder to do but not rocket science either. Can you localize the noise with a mechanics steth?

I plan on taking a little time this weekend to try an investigate a little more. Is there a way to take the blower itself off without the inlet, or does it come off as one piece? Let me know if you would like to rid yourself of that 94 blower and intet. I may be interested.

It would be very hard to remove the 4 bolts that hold the inlet to the back of the blower. Why would you wish to anyways? Just a lot harder to seal up properly. Remove the inltet and blower together and reinstall together.

The 94/95 is brand new. I bought it to upgrade my car with an extensive build up. I think I paid $300 US. Not considering selling though.

trying to find anyone around here (charlotte nc) that knows jack about these cars is impossible.

There are allot of us that know a great deal about these cars around Charlotte. Now as far as your local car repair centers I would stay away from them you are right they do not know jack. I have two 92 SC's and a 94 SC. I do not live but a few miles away from K-town so if you need help I would be more than happy to lend a hand.

I love to hear those kinds of offers. Makes you feel good about a world where every day someone is blowing someone else up.

Back