abs problems

fasttbird12

i was driving the sc today and i went to stop and the pedal went to the floor lost all breaking power and almost smashed into the back of someone. got home shut the car off and came back to it 2 hours later and the breaks worked but now when i hit the break pedal hard and fast the orange abs light and the red brake light comes on, but when i press the pedal down slowly and gradually the lights don't come on. anyone have any ideas of what it could be ?

i replaced my rear pads & came up with the same problem. after alot of research & phone calls it was decided that my accumulator had suddenly gone bad. after ordering one i went to replace it only to find out that there was little fluid flowing from the resivor to the motor, further inspection revealed that there is a foam type filter in the bottom of the resivor. the filter was covered with the same gray sludge found on the bottom of a master cylinder. the filter isn't removeable so i backflushed it with clean fluid using a piece of rubber hose & a turkey baster. the crap that came out was nasty & thick. i left the old accumulator on filled & bled the system & all is well. i called TREVES back & asked about the filter or a new resivour & none available, they didn't even know about the filter pad. i found it by trying to blow back throu the fitting to the motor. normally used fluid returns back to the m/cyl ports, everything to the motor is filtered. 25yrs of crap was on the filter & normal flushing never removes it. funny no-one has found this filter yet. tw:):)

Back