You too can run 26 seconds!!

Ira R.

For Sale or Trade

That's right boys and girls. This is the clutch that launched 4000 pounds one too many times and lived(sic) to tell about it. This prototype can now be yours!!

One Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch. Slightly (ab)used. Clutch has made only 6 or 7 1/4 mile passes and has less then 1000 street miles on it. Will deliver either the full assembly or I will break off individual pieces to meet your needs. No reasonable offer refused.

Will also consider trade for a full working T-56.

This clutch and any pieces that may fall off are being offered as is. I will not be cleaning up the soot, stains, glazing, or any of the ceramic matter that has melted. Please view the pictures carefully before making any offers. I don't need your big brother coming after me because you were dumb enough to actually want this damn thing!

Attachments

• CF DF 11-07 002.jpg
    CF DF 11-07 002.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 263
  • CF DF 11-07 003.jpg
    CF DF 11-07 003.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 193
  • CF DF 11-07 004.jpg
    CF DF 11-07 004.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 164
  • CF DF 11-07 006.jpg
    CF DF 11-07 006.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 210
  • CF DF 11-07 005.jpg
    CF DF 11-07 005.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
That sure doesnt look like a low mile clutch nor one that just glazed due to not being broken in...I dunno how you did that

Ira, will this fit well inside of my automatic ? if so, send me your email and i will paypal asap.

DIBS

Damn Ira...Didn't anyone tell you that you're not supposed to have the oxy-acetelene flame that close to the clutch when you're "preheating" it for a good launch?:D

I think with a better driver you coulda gotten deep in the 25's with that clutch, it doesn't look all that bad. lol

It's time to put a spec II to the test now.

Last edited:
Sold!

Yes, boys and girls, the parts have been taken off my hands. UPS showed up today and the box is now on its way to its new home. I understand the pressure plate is going to be used as a template for wrought iron lamp shades and the clutch melted down and sold on the ceramics black market.

So my garage is a little cleaner now, and short of Centerforce stepping up to the plate and issuing a full warrrenty on parts and labor it's not my problem anymore. Thanks for all your interest and the truly supportive words you have given me these past few days.

Ira

They warrentied that!

They must have figured what supercoupe could possably do that kind of damage.

Based on the looks of it though I wouldnt be suprised if it was defective n some way

Will that work with my automatic?

Automatic what? Hey, okay Tim, you caught me. :eek: And here I was going to surprise you by pounding it into a 5th wheel paperweight type device so you wouldn't get your brain's scrambled while dead-heading :p :D

Ira

I want my money back! It only got me a 16.76.

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

I also want you to pay for the damage it did to my flywheel!

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

I hear Ira is still burnin up clutches. So the beast must be back to normal :D
Whats it putting down now/

To Ira.
You might have to go with a SPEC III/IV and never drag race with sticky tires again or turn down the power. :cool:

I hear Ira is still burnin up clutches. So the beast must be back to normal :D
Whats it putting down now/

To Ira.
You might have to go with a SPEC III/IV and never drag race with sticky tires again or turn down the power. :cool:

What, and blow whatever chance I have of ever getting sponsorship from CF?? NEVER!! I would go back to a stock one first :eek: :p

Ira :D

Back