Veteran's Day

To all the Veteran's.............. both in the US and Canada.

Thank you so much.... its because of you we still have our freedom.

All gave some, some gave all. Take a moment to respect those veterans that paid the ultimate price so our country could remain free 231 years later.

I know there are going to be a lot of families with an empty chair at their Thanksgiving dinner table this year. My deepest thank you and codolences go out to those who lost their lives serving our country and to their families for being strong and supportive of their choice to serve.

God bless everyone of you who currently serves, or has served in the U.S. Military.

I get up every morning and put on my business suit (camo BDU's) and I still get a great sense of pride when I look into the mirror, and everytime I salute the flag during Reveille or Retreat, it makes me proud to be an American Airman.

VeteransDay.jpg

image15_AF_jpg.jpg

thank-a-veteran.gif
image613312x.jpg

Last edited:
And to the many Canadian Soldiers... I salute the Canadian flag.

Attachments

• blog-canada-flag.jpg
    blog-canada-flag.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 16
im tdy at fort hood in killeen, tx. they said last year alone they shipped out 150,000 soldiers to iraq. keep all the soldiers over there now in your prayers.

and thank you to everyone who's seved before me and currently serving with me;)

My Dad served in the Canadian Navy during WWII. I have never been in the military, but have friends whose sons are now serving. Rememberance Day is a good time for memories, but we must keep them in our hearts and our minds the whole year thru.
THANKS TO THEM ALL- PAST AND PRESENT

Matt Leskiw
coolhand

People here are ungrateful. I was walking around the mall on Sunday in an Air Force sweatshirt, and not one person said happy vets day or thanks for serving, etc... I don't do it for the glory but a thanks sometime would be nice. :confused:

People here are ungrateful. I was walking around the mall on Sunday in an Air Force sweatshirt, and not one person said happy vets day or thanks for serving, etc... I don't do it for the glory but a thanks sometime would be nice. :confused:

Scott--it is the same way around here in Hampton Roads. If I went ot visit relatives out of the area (Michigan in particular) if they got word I was in the Navy, they would make it a point to come and talk to me and thank me for my service. Around here the military isn't looked upon as being too good... The problem is the media doesn't report on all the good things, just when a sailor goes out and gets drunk and crashes into something, or gets in a fight, etc... At any rate, Happy Veterans Day to all that have or are serving.

I was at the rememberance day service at the Church, and out of all the people there, my father-in-law who is now 88 was the only one there from WWII. He was a bomber pilot for the RCAF and later a test pilot.

It brought a tear to alot of folks when only he stood up....

I Know what u mean Scott!

I am currently over here in Iraq. Been here now for a year. Not even a civillain over here said anything 2 any of us. I think ppl r just tired of the war going on over here, n just don't realize what we do here. I have lost a lot of good friends over here, n it just cheers me up, when once in awhile someone says thanks. (When I was in Michigan, every 1 was talking to me) Telling someone thanks or something, actually means a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for showing up at the meets n shootouts, b/c then I have a dvd 2 feel like I am home n not here.

Ryan, I appreciate what you guys are doing over there. I'll be over there next year about this time either in Afghanistan or Iraq. We only do 4 or 6 months right now so I know you guys go a lot longer but we are all part of the team.

Hopefully we can meet up again sometime and I can see your new SC. Do you have the 06 Shootout DVD's? I have them might be able to get you a copy if you want to check them out. 07 DVD's should be for sale soon I'm sure someone is going to be selling them.

I know what you mean about Michigan. Last time I went back home I ran into some old friends and they were all shocked that I was in the military and they had like 1000 questions to ask me. All the adults that I ran into that knew me said thank you for serving and we support you.

vet's day

i just got back from my second tour in iraq and have gotten a really good response from people here around me. i'm in northern california and i kinda expected it to be not as good as it's been. with all of the things we see in the media and news, well, i dunno.
i spent my time in southern iraq with the navy and airforce along with fellow army doggies and i think we really need to finish this thing. i was in mogadishu, somalia in '93 and some of what's happening now is a direct result of the cut and run tactics that i see now. time-tables and such.
thanks to all who've served before, along with, and after me for all we have and will do.
one last thing, DEATH FROM ABOVE, AIRBORNE!

Thanks

Last summer I had a guy at an interstate rest stop thank me for my service to my Country. The other Veterans at work thanked each other for our service.
You are right Scott.......you won't be thanked often, it goes beyond thanks.
Doing the right thing to preserve our Freedom matters most.

Thanks to you ALL. Fastronald

Back