what do you think???

esgtbird

Here is pics of my motor and engine management. what do you guys think???

shes not running yet but will soon. I need to put the rad in and a couple little things and on the road again.

I think i have it

i think i have it!!!!

Attachments

• engine management.JPG
    engine management.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 502
  • side pic.JPG
    side pic.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 541
  • front pic.JPG
    front pic.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 492
Congrats man. I see you have been working your butt off lateley. Now get over here and do mine....lol

Sorry i should have said something about that!!! The rad is going behind the intercooler. Then a fan infront of the ac and a fan behind the rad. So i hope it will be ok for keeping the engine cool.

Hey DAHOOPD we can do yours when ever man just say the word i told you i would help you any time. that way there will be two sc's prowling the streets in Baltimore.

Last edited:
Check that out....100 views and only 3 with some Kudos. Just imagine if there were a lot of members here and they owned SC's.

Here is pics of my motor and engine management. what do you guys think???

shes not running yet but will soon. I need to put the rad in and a couple little things and on the road again.

Looks great, do you have a list of whats done to the motor...also wondering why you went with a standalone for engine managment.

David

stand alone

Looks great, do you have a list of whats done to the motor...also wondering why you went with a standalone for engine managment.

David

list of mods
95 motor with new bearings. 94 blower, ported and polished heads, cam, 60# injectors, 10% pulley. Wynn carter made me a custom top and made a custom set of headers and ported my intake plenum. fmic,75 mm throttle body and more stuff that I am forgetting. I really don't have everything in front of me those are the big things.

The reason for engine management
well everyone around here does mustangs no one messes with thunderbirds or wants to and when you ask they say "I should be able to I never tuned one but they are just like a mustang". Beside I really wanted to tune it myself. yeah I could have went with the ecc tuner or the tweecer but I feel the stock computer is not reliable and there are to many sensors all I have on the engine is a oil, temp,map,knock, air temp, crank sensor and a tps. that's all the stand alone requires. also all my friends run it they have ran it for 4 yrs no problems. My buddy and I tuned his 240 sx with a sr20det swap he gained 50 hp just by putting this system on his car. yeah I may have paid more money than I would have liked. But I can tune my car every time I change something not mail a chip back and fourth across the country. And beside it makes the engine bay cleaner. the system is just what its name is SIMPLE. very easy to install and tune.

Thanks to all that have commented on my pics it means a lot to hear some of the big guys say that looks good. Even if it doesn't the thought that somebody took their time to say man that looks good means a lot.

thanks Eric

Looks good :). I was curious about the stand alone as well, as even our old EEC-IV's can easily handle a car with over 500rwhp.

Get an Ostrich hooked up and you can tune without pulling a chip or anything... I'm thinking of going that way myself, and I'm already decoding ALOT of parameters for the A9U2 that no one else can be bothered doing to make a good def file for EEC Editor V3.... cause as you say, no one has any interest in these cars because its not a rustang ;).

Keep up the good work, and look forward to seeing some good numbers ;).

I'm interested to see how the standalone does. Is it MAf references or a speed density setup. Looks like you have a MAF..Pro M even

Great. I've been jealous of my friend's Suby and his ability to just plug in his laptop. He says the trick is to make one change at a time. Does that system come with software? Perhaps, you might get there without relying on methanol/water injection.

No ACT sensor? No knock sensor?

sds

fturner

I am not downing the ecc at all. it is very good. Dave has done some amazing jobs tuneing cars but I cant. I wanted to tune my own car and learn the 3.8 well. I am not a pro like he is. I just know the sds system form messing around with it working on friend cars. and the tweecer did not have any way to data log. If the tweecer did I would have went that route.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann

no I do not have a maf that is a piece of pipe to put in the place of a maf. the sds system works off the tps and map sensors.

Stupid Canuck

it comes with all software every thing you need to make the car run. It does not work off a lap top. and yes it does use a knock sensor and a act sensor. Also your friend is right the way to go is make one change at a time.

To be honest this is really not the way to go it is a pain to learn how to tune the car. Its a pain to learn the ecc and how it reacts to changes. The best thing to do is buy a chip its faster easer and you know it is right.

For those that are curious here is a link to the sds web site.
www.sdsefi.com

once again thanks to all for looking and thanks for all the good comments

I'm interested to see how the standalone does. Is it MAf references or a speed density setup. Looks like you have a MAF..Pro M even

Damon,

Based on this statement, he is using speed density (MAP sensor).

all I have on the engine is a oil, temp,map,knock, air temp, crank sensor and a tps. that's all the stand alone requires.

I don't see a mass air meter in the pictures, I see a blank pipe where the mass air meter was.

David

PS: Eric...were you able to use the factory crank and knock sensor ? Don't you also need a cam position sensor to determine starting position for sequential fuel injection ?

Dave

I was able to use the knock sensor but not the crank sensor. the crank sensor mounts behind the balancer. it has 4 magnets that are attached to the balancer 3 are set every 120 degrees and one i 40 degrees before the first magnet that is a sync magnet thats how it reads for the injectors. also it is a batch fire system.

Eric

Are you still on a stock SC plenum?
Any work done to the 94 blower?
What about the head and cam
any work done inside the engine?

Are you still on a stock SC plenum?
Any work done to the 94 blower?
What about the head and cam
any work done inside the engine?

no i am not running stock plenum anymore i have a mp plenum on the way.

the blower is on of wynns projects he finished it and sent it to me before he disappeared.

heads and cam was done by racer brown camshafts.

the only work done to the inside is new bearings thats all

Eric,

It took a little while but you finished it CONGRATS!!!

As soon a we get back from the hospital (Fridfay I hope!!) I'll give you a shout. Looks real good. I know you still have a little bit left to finish but with the moving to the new house and the other obligations, work plus all the other things you still took your time to finish it like you wanted. You are a determined person. I hope to see you at next years shoot out if not sooner!!

I sure want to make the next shoot out and see everyone!! I better leave a month before it starts so to make sure I get there without delay:rolleyes:;). Also I have enjoyed our phone conversations and your friendship which helped me get through some tough nights. Thanks Pal!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

All the Best to you Eric as well as your wife and family.

We also want to wish everyone here on this thread as well as all of SCCoA friends Our very best..... See you all soon.:rolleyes:;)

You did a real good job I can't wait to see you and others at the track. I also have mine finished:) I want to see what she will do in the 1/4 not the mile....

Best Wishes to everyone,

Victor and Diane

Back