Inlet Plenum Question

Paulio91184

hey guys, i have a ported 1st gen blower with matching plenum..here's the problem, i have a 35th 5 speed and as we all know that has egr...the new plenum does not have egr... so my concern is will using a ported blower with a non ported plenum a big deal, does port matching the plenum really make that big of a difference or is it a minimal concern?? i dont want to delete egr or port the old plenum if i dont have to...thanks guys

Paul

From everything I've read it is kind of a big deal decause our blowers are real sensitive to any restrictions prior to them and this is why the mp inlet work so well.They look huge inside compared to even a ported stock one.J/M/H/O
And you want the airflow to be as smooth as possible everywhere in you're engine.

Jay

y did u have to swap plenums ?

and remember, an MP plenum will only bolt up to a late model 94/5 blower with the square inlet. but it is a great buy if u have the late blower.

I was under the impression that all of the early model plenums had an EGR fitting. The cars that didnt come with EGR would just have a block off plate covering the EGR hole. Two bolts and the plate is off and you can hook up the EGR..

There is no reason why you can't bolt up the plenum with EGR to the ported blower, you just won't get the benifit of the ported inlet. You might want to find another plenum and port it so you can keep your inlet so you can return your car to stokc at a later date if desired. The are pretty reasonable just post in the wanted add section.

I have had a couple 91 sc with out EGR and there were no block off plates either. I'm not sure if this was a 1 year thing but they do exist without the block off plates.
John

I was under the impression that all of the early model plenums had an EGR fitting. The cars that didnt come with EGR would just have a block off plate covering the EGR hole. Two bolts and the plate is off and you can hook up the EGR..

Last edited:
There is only so much you can port in a stock inlet plenum so it shouldnt make to much of a difference. I thought a 90sc (anniversary)was non EGR???

Arent 89, 94 and the 95 the only EGR years?

I have had a couple 91 sc with out EGR and there were no block off plates either. I'm not sure if this was a 1 year thing but they do exist without the block off plates.
John
My 92 AOD did not have an EGR port on the inlet plenum. When I bought my MP inlet plenum, I used a piece of aluminum to plug the hole.

Hmm Does someone have an aswer for this?

Anyway unles syou have a larger TB there is not much to be had or needed there Paulio..Youre your factory one

yes!!

cool!! i have the one with the egr port, now can i reuse the gasket or do i have to put a new one? And do they sell just that egr gasket?

Back