Question regarding swapping out my engine

skydivr7673

ok, guys and gals, here's my dilemma

I have a 95 5-speed SC. I have taken it off the road for a major project, but I cant stand not driving it, so for now it is in need of a new or rebuilt engine. So, I have come across a stock 95 3.8SC engine for sale, but it came out of an AOD car. What exactly needs to be swapped onto that engine to use it in my manual trans car? My car is complete, so it has the drive shaft, flywheel, etc etc etc all in place. Would I just need to swap the flywheel, or is there more involved? I need to know before I decide to buy this replacement engine, please help!

Thanks in advance

You'd need to take the flex plate off the back of the new motor and put in your flywheel and clutch assembly. Other than that, it's just your typical engine swap.

Thanks a bunch!

Although, my flywheel has over 100K on it, and I would probably put some bolt-ons on this motor, so wondering if an aftermarket flywheel would be a better choice or not....

You will definitey need a TUNE. Otherwise that engine will be very short lived. The way I see it you are better off finding a used SC engine. The amount of money youll spend on a tune will wash teh extra cost of an SC engine and will be a MUCH better alternative

I dont understand--my car is a T-Bird SC and this engine is a T-Bird SC engine, both 95's. The engine I am looking to buy came from an automatic transmission SC while mine is a 5 speed SC. This is a used SC engine, so I am not sure what you are saying....

I think Damon thought you found a regular NA motor.

An aluminum flywheel will help the motor rev a little quicker and shed some weight, so if you can afford it, it's a great upgrade.

I think Damon thought you found a regular NA motor.

An aluminum flywheel will help the motor rev a little quicker and shed some weight, so if you can afford it, it's a great upgrade.

how much money are we talking? That sounds like a good idea...thanks for that!

Just be sure to install a pilot bearing into the back of the crank as the auto engine will not have one.

Back