275's too wide??

Paulio91184

like the title says are 275 width tires too wide for the sc if so whats the widest i can run, i want to do 275/40r/18 which is the same exact size as 225/60/16

Many people are running that size on the rear. Usually you'll need rolled fender lips and / or AirLift bags in the coils, to stop from rubbing on the fenders. 245/45/18 on the front is a good match for the 275/40.

cheers
Ed N.

I've run 275's on the back of both of my SC's, with a slight fender lip roll they fit great. I'm upping to 285's though when I wear these ones out.

Yep, I run 275/50/17's (27.8" x 10.8") on the rear of my XR7, lowered 1" with Airlift air bags in the rear coils, and I have no rubbing issues here.

-Rod

I just put 255 45 Kumho's all around. I am actually getting some rubbing on the inside of the rear wheel wells during hard cornering. I have the Eibach 1.5" springs, btw and my wheels are the proper offset, etc. Just food for thought, as it seems almost every car handles the wide tires slightly differently.

Daspanka

I just put 255 45 Kumho's all around. I am actually getting some rubbing on the inside of the rear wheel wells during hard cornering. I have the Eibach 1.5" springs, btw and my wheels are the proper offset, etc. Just food for thought, as it seems almost every car handles the wide tires slightly differently.

Daspanka

Looks good. Do you have any larger pictures that you could post?

You guys rolling your fenders, what's the actal size of the tire? XXX/XX/XX?

I've run 275s in the rear with no rubbing at all; 275/40/17 Victoracers, and Hankooks on the street.

I should not thta I've removed over 500lb from my car, and it may ride a bit higher....but it's also got Eibachs.

Back