Suspension Rebuild

FuriousFord

Well, I've decided I would put in a lowering kit this winter, but I wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions first. I've been doing some research, and the price for kits are all over the board. So, what do you think I should get and what do you guys have?

I am planning on replacing as much of the suspension as I can, but I was wondering what I SHOULD replace when taking on the project. (Bushings, Tie rods, sway bars,) What bushings need to be replaced, and which ones can I reuse?

Thanks,
Dave

Oh and that grinding noise that I heard, I think its a bad ball joint...:mad:

(Front)Upper and lower control arms,sway bar endlinks especially the front ones,strut rod bushings and check the tie rod ends.(Rear)Poly knuckle bushings,poly diff bushings,sway bar end links and the torque links .You can buy the whole sheebang for not too much and it probably needs it all my car only had 85k on it and it needed it all plus it was pampered.I also threw on koni shocks and h&r lowering springs plus poly sway bar bushings.

Jay

Wow! Thanks for the advice.

Do you think I should retain the factory ride control? Those electronically adjustable shocks are so expensive. Where did you guys get all your parts?
(Local parts store, SCP, MN12 per., etc.)

Do I really need to replace the control arms? I was looking on SCP and the arms they offer look just like the stock ones.

Last edited:
Nix the ride control and put koni yellow's on it they are the best shocks for or cars atleast from most peoples opinions.I bought my shocks + springs from shox.com and then all the rest of the parts came from either Bill at SCP or advanced auto parts.

Jay

The koni yellows... I am assuming they are the yellow ones:rolleyes: How did you like them? Do they perform well during cruising and curvy roads? How much did you guys spend on your suspension rebuilds?

Back