brakes? 92 sc needs some help

92sclikenew

ok my brakes work fine and great but only if you do slam on the fast if i hit then slowly car will stop fine

if i need to slam on the peldel the car has like a 3 sec time were the brakes arnt working and then they just slam on

no i do need an abs sensor,and the abs light is on because of it:rolleyes: bout to try and pick one up at a locol yard that has an abs mark or bird.

so is this the normal acumalater ball prob or is this somthing more major..

its been doing it for a bit of the while just been not worrying about it much because it was ok to drive if you didnt ride the back of other cars

also i have blown out a brake line a bit b4 this started happening it was the rears ..replaced the whole line from front to back...;)blead the system the way i thought i was suppose to...

anyways any one got any insight on this let me know i hate having to have a bad brake system in the winter time:eek:(ontop of driving the car:eek:)

What exactly is happening when you hit the brakes hard? Your description seems vague. Is the brake light and ABS light coming on when you hit the brakes? Does it feel like the ABS is kicking on when you hit the brakes?

If the abs light is on, the abs should not work at all.

What exactly is happening when you hit the brakes hard? Your description seems vague. Is the brake light and ABS light coming on when you hit the brakes? Does it feel like the ABS is kicking on when you hit the brakes?

If the abs light is on, the abs should not work at all.

the abs light is on because one of the sensors is broke i broke it tryin to take it out of the spindle

just that if i slam on the brakes it takes a few secs till it stops

rather then if i just hit then slow and norm they work fine

You have several things to factor in here.

First off, either get that sensor fixed or get rid of the abs system all together.

Second, bleeding the rear brakes is more than just pumping the pedal, you have to actually run the brake system, and it can take awhile.

Thirdly, there is a LOT of weight to stop on those punny brakes, and if you bought the cheapest pads and rotors out there,I can assure you those will over heat in a blink of an eye and you won't have anything. I went the mid route on pads and rotors the first time, and discovered that trying to stop hard from 100mph had me no brakes by the time I slowed to 50mph.

I can't believe your suggesting that your following people closely with brakes that are not fully functional... Heck I just about lost my SC today because of a guy tailgating me and his brakes fortunately where working.

The most SAFETY item on any car is the brakes first....

You have several things to factor in here.

First off, either get that sensor fixed or get rid of the abs system all together.

Second, bleeding the rear brakes is more than just pumping the pedal, you have to actually run the brake system, and it can take awhile.

Thirdly, there is a LOT of weight to stop on those punny brakes, and if you bought the cheapest pads and rotors out there,I can assure you those will over heat in a blink of an eye and you won't have anything. I went the mid route on pads and rotors the first time, and discovered that trying to stop hard from 100mph had me no brakes by the time I slowed to 50mph.

I can't believe your suggesting that your following people closely with brakes that are not fully functional... Heck I just about lost my SC today because of a guy tailgating me and his brakes fortunately where working.

The most SAFETY item on any car is the brakes first....

brakes are fine did this b4 the abs sensor got f'd up :eek:

is as if you hit the peadle fast there is a 2-3 sec delay on the stoping

but if i dont jump on the pedal fast and then slam on them there is alsome brakes

brakes work alsome till you get that one guy infront of you and you got to nail the brake pedal and it takes a sec till they seem to get fluid to the caliper to make them put the brakes on

Sounds like the pump is bad. Can you hear the pump cycling when you turn the key?

yes the pump cycles

yes and the abs works when the one sensor isnt messed up..

it also did this b4 the sensor I messed the sensor up tryin to get it out of the spindle:eek:

this has all happen b4.. why would the pump have anything to do with how well the brakes work.. no matter what fluid should move.. thats why i think it could be the accumalater ball

since i been told that its like a brake fluid resovoir
to me it seems as if the ball is holding fluid that it dont have a fast supply of fuild so it takes a sec if you slam on the brakes but if you just hit then normal then there is No delay

it just takes like 2 secs longer to stop. not that the car is sliding

like as if you slam on the brakes and it takes 2 extra secs for the fluid to move thru the line to apply the brakes

but if you just hit them as no big deal they work great

and i was think that if the accumalater ball is a fluid resovoir that the quick hitting the of the brakes well that the ball dont hold the fluid anymore and that it cant supplying the fast amount of fluid like it should .. or am i not understanding that right:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back