no start

DemonSC

my 89sc doesnt want to start, it was running (really rich) about a month ago when i got a good coil pack from someone (i had a screamin' demon and it took a ~~~~). so it started then and i had one or a couple fuel injectors leaking, i replaced those with 36lb. and got a C&L MAFS and got a blue sample tube to go along with it. After i put everything back together it doesnt start. I've checked to see if i have fuel pressure, compression, and spark, i have all three. i dont know what to do now. any help would great

i have come to the conclusion the timing is off, i have a BHJ and i timed it wrong. Im going to retime it tomorrow and see how it does

checking injectors

well i timed it right i guess, and still nothing. I only checked one injector with a noid light. how do you check the other ones? it seems like a PITA to get to them, so could i take the supercharger off and take the connector off of the coil pack and turn the motor over to see if the other ones are pulsing

Try to get your mitts on a fuel pressure regulator from someone and swap that out... the pressure drop you experienced could have been the regulator leaking into the vacuum lines, and not the fuel injectors leaking.

i got a fuel rail off of someone, i think he said it has 90k miles on it. its also been somewhat modified to get more fuel pressure.

Have you installed it?????

I wouldn't. I highly doubt your anywhere close to maxing out a stock fuel rail, and if you need more fuel pressure for some reason, then you would get an adjustable pressure regulator.

yeah i installed it, i know im not anywhere close or ever will be but why not a little extra fuel pressure wont hurt will it? its only the FPR thats modified not the fuel rail itself, sorry i didn't specify

i've tried that too but it still doesnt want to start, i took the blower off this weekend to check if the injectors are pulsing. i still have yet to get a noid light. this thursday im going to check to see about the injectors and post back what happens

i saw in a post from about 4 years ago that there was an orange wire thats suppose to be connected to the back of one of the heads. when my brother took off the fuel rail to replace the injectors i think the bolt that connects the wire to the head broke off. so could this be a reason why my car isnt starting?

What do your plugs look like? I would be willing to bet that you have run it too rich and caused them to go by way of the do-do. If they are black and/or wet, you will need a new set. Also, what color is your spark at the plug?

Chris

i've changed spark plugs 3 times now, i dont know what color the spark is but this weekend im gonna hook up a spark tester and see if it has good spark or not

yesterday i finished putting my SC back on. we checked the spark with a spark tester and there is spark, checked to see if the injectors are firing and they are. i double checked the intercooler seals and they seem to be ok. i also switched out to a different coil pack to see if there would be any difference and there wasnt. my spark plugs are probably a little bit fouled up so im going to pull those out today and clean them up and put them back in and try starting it again. any other suggestions would be helpful.

i also checked the orange ground wire bolted to the head and its connected

thanks,
chris

Hmmmmm...Im thinking there is a MAF problem. Either that, or your #36s are not #36s. What size is your MAF? Are you sure you have the right color tube?

Chris

i have blue injectors and a 73mm C&L MAFS with a blue sample tube. i bought the injectors off of someone on here (deepbluesc) and he said they were 36#, they were made by a guy named jim linder

i did the boost leak test with a compressor and all that jazz and i found a very small vaccum leak where i plugged one of the vaccum lines and thats all i found

sorry rebuilt. yes i did, the fuel rail i have on now only has 90k miles on it (it worked when it was on the car)

You might try your stock MAF and electronics. Its a easy change but first just unplug it and try to start. If that dont work ,Take a deep breath and go back and check all your wires and pull the hose off your FPR if you can and check for fuel in the vac line. Thats about all I can think of.

hmmmm

thursday im going to go get some autolite 103s to throw in there for a little while and try starting the car with the MAF unplugged. i read in a thread from awhile ago that there is a fuse under the hood that sends power to the EEC, could this be one of my problems too?

thursday im going to go get some autolite 103s to throw in there for a little while and try starting the car with the MAF unplugged. i read in a thread from awhile ago that there is a fuse under the hood that sends power to the EEC, could this be one of my problems too?

not if the injectors are firing, and your getting spark,...no

Back