Jackshaft Bearing Replacement?

007_SuperCoupe

Has any one done this recently? I ask not because I have a bad one, but because I have an extra set of accessory brackets that I'd like to get powder coated. I've got to remove the bearing assembly first. I did a search and found this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11081&highlight=NSK+885932
It gives the bearing number as NSK 885932. Is that bearing still available? The thread linked above was posted in 2002, so it's been a few years. I also know that Paul at BTM was offering a rebuild service. But as he is no longer in the picture, I was wondering if any one has done this recently.

I'm starting the process of making my engine compartment looking better (not stock). This is one step in that process. Thanks.

Yeah, I've already seen those...problem is they are old and I don't know if the bearing ~~~'y is even still available.

I've even searched on google, ask.com, etc and the ONLY thing that comes up is the thread I linked above.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this within the last year or so...not 5 years ago.

Yeah, I figure I'll have to call...but right now it's after 7 local time on a Sunday...I'm sure they aren't going to be there.

I've done all the searching here on SCCoA and am familiar with all the threads pertaining to this. Unfortunately, the are all nearly 5 years old or older. A lot can change in that amount of time. Just look at all the vendors who have left us...

Before this thread, I didn't know that ESM is now the High Speed Lab...now that I know that, things should go much easier for me. Thanks, all.

I'm sure if you got it apart and took it to a bearing place or a tool and die shop(machinist). They can find exactly what you need.

If my spare motor had come with one, I would have my dad tear it apart and get us what we need.

Jackshaft Bearing

I had the infamous jackshaft bearing noise. And as search through all the threads, I could not come up with a fix. Besides getting a new jackshaft bracket or getting a used one and hope the bearings are still good. Well today 6/30/08 I have installed a new bearing in the jackshaft bracket of my 94' everyday driver sc. So yes you can press it out and press a new one in and after i get some miles on it if anyone needs a jackshaft bearing or wants to send there whole bracket and i get pressed for you. We can work out a deal. Not sure on price yet still got make sure mine holds up, more expensive than a used one but whole lot cheaper than a new one!

That NSK bearing number came from original Ford Drawings from back in the day. It does not appear to be a currently used number based on what I was able to find on NSK's site. But if someone has a bad jackshaft assembly and is willing to press out the bearing and take measurements I may be able to match it to currently produced bearings and the current number. See the attached drawing for the technical data that is needed to be matched. Not all measurements are critical though. The shaft length and diameter as well as the bearing case length and diameter would be.

OH....measurements in mm not inches or I'll have a bunch of conversions to do. Thanks

Attachments

• NSK Info.JPG
    NSK Info.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 469
I tried to press the bearing out on one of my spares but my 12 ton bench press wouldn't budge it. I tried it from both sides and no go.

I had mine pressed out and another pressed in at the machine shop near me, it was only $25.

I have a spare bracket with bearing from my 95 I am throwing on ebay tomorrow. If it doesnt sell in 5 day auction, I would be happy to have it pressed out and send you the bearing to help out. I know that doesnt help you now, but if you dont have one in a week. Let me know.

So what bearing did they press in?

Just a suggestion but if you replaced the bearing correctly you could offer the assembly as recently rebuilt and perhaps get more money for it for those that don't have shop to do the work for them.

So what bearing did they press in?

Just a suggestion but if you replaced the bearing correctly you could offer the assembly as recently rebuilt and perhaps get more money for it for those that don't have shop to do the work for them.

Not sure if this was meant for me but I had one from a 95 bracket pressed into my 93 bracket. When I had the brackets JetHot coated, they toasted the bearing.

I would not offer it as rebuilt, it was a used bearing being replaced with a used bearing.

>I had mine pressed out and another pressed in at the machine shop ... (unit #1)

>I have a spare bracket with bearing from my 95 I am throwing on ebay tomorrow. (unit #2)

If you haven't done so already, repeat the bearing replacement (#1) on the spare bracket (#2) and then sell it as a 'rebuilt' item as a courtesy to the community - priced accordingly, of course. Your SC karma will grow in ways your grandchildren can only imagine :)

Last edited:
>I had mine pressed out and another pressed in at the machine shop ... (unit #1)

>I have a spare bracket with bearing from my 95 I am throwing on ebay tomorrow. (unit #2)

If you haven't done so already, repeat the bearing replacement (#1) on the spare bracket (#2) and then sell it as a 'rebuilt' item as a courtesy to the community - priced accordingly, of course. Your SC karma will grow in ways your grandchildren can only imagine :)

I dont do business that way. Rebuilt to me is being made as close to original as possible. Putting a used unit in place of a used unit is a used unit. I prefer my Karma to come legit, not that your way is wrong, its just not my way.

Back