fuel tank drop

slowpoke

:mad: well here it is, ive ran out of easy things to look for the code 95. it appears to be the wires to the fuel pump and /or the pump itself. if any1 has ever done a fuel tank drop and has any tips/tricks for this project, please please let me know:)

btw the tank is at 3/4 full. oh what a joy lol

Last edited:
You could always siffen the gas out. :)
I never accessed my pump assy, but when pulling the drive shaft it was just 4 bolts holding the tank straps, and the fuel filler tube (hose clamps).
In your position, I'd lower the tank with a jack, an inch at a time. Every inch, stop and check for wires or lines being tugged on.

Last edited:
.....it's not that bad a job just go slow.....what yr car?I've got a 90,dropped the exhaust,removed the screws holding the splash shield,unhooked the electrical connection,removed the strap bolts,put a jack under the tank and slowly lowered the tank enough to unhook the fuel lines,etc.,unscrewed the pump assembly retainer ring.....I replaced the entire assembly with a new holder and 255 pump.....put it all back together and it runs fine.Hardest part was siphoning the gas....about 15 gal was in the tank when the pump failed,had to undo the filler tube at the tank......if you just take your time and pay attention it really isn't that hard
Good luck,
z

after working around deer hunting and dead bird day i just finished up, its a 90 and yes i had 16gal and once i got the tank down far enough i placed an inline fuel pump in the filler tube and pumped all the fuel out. the unit its self appeared to be fine, no real corrosion or anything. so i got new seals, pump, pump filter, and fuel filter. and you where right it was not that to hard, the worst thing was the dang heat shielding, i hated that stuff. snapped 3 bolts taking it off. it was real good in a way that this happened, once i removed the fuel cell i found advanced corrosion on the floor board. sanded it down reprimed and painted it. if left alone with snow coming by this time next year i would have had a hole in the floor. anyways the code 95 is gone and all works well now thank-u for the info:D

Back