High Speed Buzz

Wanted1990SC

Whenever I hit about 90 MPH on the highway, I get a steady buzz. As you increase speed, the buzz gets louder and worse. I don't know if it's the rear end or what, but it fills the entire cabin with the noise. One time back in the 80's, my brother's Chevette rear end went out, it sounds like that. A low frequency buzz, but at low speeds you don't hear or feel anything. Any clue on what it could be?

it could be one of many, or a combintaion of things... check your ujoints, have the tires balanced and roatated, check all your suspension bits... carrier bushings, etc..

Is there any vibration.....

I might be suffering from the same thing......

My rear view mirror will vibrate so bad that you can hardly see anything in it....

check your ujoints.. does it only do it when you let off the gas? mine did it... turned otu the be the bolts that held the driveshaft to the diff yoke. they werent even finger tight.. i pulled them all out and put some red loctite.. wrenched em back up, no problems since.

Is there any vibration.....

I might be suffering from the same thing......

My rear view mirror will vibrate so bad that you can hardly see anything in it....

Yep, it vibrates my mirror and makes it fuzzy.

I'll check the u-joints this weekend.

Back