Manual steering racks

CougarXR/7

Ok............has anyone converted to a manual steering rack on their MN-12?
My youngest Son is leaning towards going to manual steering on his 95' 4.6 LX. Does anyone have a part number for the manual rack compatable with an MN-12?

Ron, just do a bypass or just omit the pump and loop the hoses back to the rack. Where have you been?

Well...................no one has a part number or model to use?

A flaming river 79-93 mustang will bolt up, but tie rods are too short and you need to use 70's mopar tie rod ends with a custom turnbuckle. I have heard that the 94 and up racks have longer tie rods and will work with factory SC tie rod ends. you do not want to just bypass the pump. steering effort will be much greater than a true manual rack.

Steering

Thanks............Hi Mark............been logging in A LOT of overtime lately. Things at work are busy and getting more work in. This is usually our slow time of year.
Youngest Son wants to dump the power steering on the 95' Since it's looking more and more like an occasional street and more strip car now days.

tim, can you take pictures ? I plan on doing it how you did it, and pictures would help out alot

A picture is not reall that important. Its a bolt on. Really it is. My car is on the trailer right now going to take a little trip east next weekend.:D

Going into Ohio to drop the car off. It has a lot of issues and really needs a tune. At 10mpg. i couldnt afford to drive to far.

Back