PDA

View Full Version : Jim Demmit jr.

PReDiTR91
11-19-2007, 04:01 AM
Let us know when you come down to Bakersfeild so we can see the Silver bullit in action! Ill see how many lazy @$$ SoCaler make it! Maybe we can get some haters to show up too!:p

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Let us know when you come down to Bakersfeild so we can see the Silver bullit in action! Ill see how many lazy @$$ SoCaler make it! Maybe we can get some haters to show up too!:p

I just looked at Nor-Cal forum :-)

Nice to see intrest in a Bakersfield get together even if its small I want to come down in March test out the track. It would be nice to get some of us together it would be fun

PReDiTR91
11-25-2007, 03:55 AM
I just looked at Nor-Cal forum :-)

Nice to see intrest in a Bakersfield get together even if its small I want to come down in March test out the track. It would be nice to get some of us together it would be fun
Maybe you can get a few of the nortenos to show up & maybe some surenos will show we can have a good meet! north & south united! Like Tupac said "California love"!!! Even if only 3 people show its still a good meet, at least for SoCal!LOL:rolleyes: Every body is too cool to hang out now a days in SoCal Or they cant get along!:D:D:D Look forward to meeting you Jim & maybe I can lurn a few thing or too from you! Thats if you dont try to keep every thing a secret! Thats cool though I like keeping things low pro too! See you in march!
OMAR

posjr
11-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Maybe you can get a few of the nortenos to show up & maybe some surenos will show we can have a good meet! north & south united! Like Tupac said "California love"!!! Even if only 3 people show its still a good meet, at least for SoCal!LOL:rolleyes: Every body is too cool to hang out now a days in SoCal Or they cant get along!:D:D:D Look forward to meeting you Jim & maybe I can lurn a few thing or too from you! Thats if you dont try to keep every thing a secret! Thats cool though I like keeping things low pro too! See you in march!
OMAR

North Side San Jo :D

How far is Bakersfield from san jose? Is this a weekand thing or a day thing? I think i my have to go mark my calender.

Ddubb
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM
West Side Campbell ... LOL. Okay.

Yeah Bakersfield is about 6 hours away .. depending on how fast youre driving, maybe 5 or less if youre flying 100+ mph the whole way.

- Dan

Ron Randall
11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
The last btime that we got together. the north meets the south Jimmy and i won. Nobody in the south could keep up. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. we should plan on another meet as soon as the weather is better. Oh yeh and as soon as I get my engine back together. I do plan on getting it running this winter. I can not drive it when it is wet out side.
Ron Randall

GONE14S
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Yipp's, Ron R on the boards, talk about some of the old members coming out of the wood work..
It would be interesting to see that beast running for a change . It's been long enough.

Jim is going to make another run in Dec. date is set. Maybe you come down for the day, I got lunch.

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Wowwww Guy's

We are set Dan called me today the new setup the rwhp numbers are awesome on the dyno. Now that the top end tire spin and un-control is salved should be well over the 130mph mark and into the 10.0's and our goal 9.980et its on kill now (DAN IS ALL SMILES ) that means he has reached the numbers he wants :-)

Chuck Delue is doing the IRS deal to it and going light mode should be awesome number's next time out we hit 9.980et its going to be celibration time Nor-Cal style

GONE14S
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Sounds good Jim.

I was wondering if you could tell us what the dyno had to say about horse power.........you don't have to say, but it would be interesting.

I have not put the date up that you will be running in Dec.
I thought I would leave that up to you if you want to or not.

Be nice if we got a few more folk's to watch the runs.

Kurt

David Neibert
11-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Wowwww Guy's

We are set Dan called me today the new setup the rwhp numbers are awesome on the dyno. Now that the top end tire spin and un-control is salved should be well over the 130mph mark and into the 10.0's and our goal 9.980et its on kill now (DAN IS ALL SMILES ) that means he has reached the numbers he wants :-)

Chuck Delue is doing the IRS deal to it and going light mode should be awesome number's next time out we hit 9.980et its going to be celibration time Nor-Cal style

Jim,

9.980 at existing weight or after weight reductions ?

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Jim,

9.980 at existing weight or after weight reductions ?

David

Dave

After weight reduction car is over at Chuck Delue's race shop he is going to do some weight reduction and going to do something to the IRS and its going to have 2" travel in the front end. He said it will lower the 60ft and be more better at weight transfer

He wants it to leave hard pick the front end up move forward quicker something he's done before. Dans new fuel change and pump and injectors and tune this was done after the 10.659et run the rwhp numbers are amazing

Now just waiting for the right weather conditions and my Nor-Cal team :)

al35thsc
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
The last btime that we got together. the north meets the south Jimmy and i won. Nobody in the south could keep up. That was about 5 or 6 years ago. we should plan on another meet as soon as the weather is better. Oh yeh and as soon as I get my engine back together. I do plan on getting it running this winter. I can not drive it when it is wet out side.
Ron Randall

Heh from what I remember, one of your boys kicked Jim's arse! lol that was a fun meet.

Dave

After weight reduction car is over at Chuck Delue's race shop he is going to do some weight reduction and going to do something to the IRS and its going to have 2" travel in the front end. He said it will lower the 60ft and be more better at weight transfer

He wants it to leave hard pick the front end up move forward quicker something he's done before. Dans new fuel change and pump and injectors and tune this was done after the 10.659et run the rwhp numbers are amazing

Well, weight reduction isn't adding more power and from what I read before on your posts you have been using that Q16 stuff already. So which is it? It's kind of hard to follow your progress since the fuel stuff gets confusing. From what I gather you are right arounf 550 using Q16 and Chuck has been messing with the tune a little more. So with weight reduction and a little more fuel and timing, you want to shave 6 tenths? :eek:

What's the Q16 oxygenated with? Alcohol? Methanol?

David Neibert
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Dave

Jim,

What are the new RWHP numbers ? PM me if you don't want to post them.

David

GONE14S
11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Al,
Your right it was a fun meet. That was back in the day when SCCOA members drove there cars instead of show and shine at Hooters.

N/Cal and S/Cal from what I read have all but died out........to bad.

Kurt

al35thsc
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Al,
Your right it was a fun meet. That was back in the day when SCCOA members drove there cars instead of show and shine at Hooters.

Kurt

There was/is a reason for that, but I won't get into it here on the boards. Essentially, when we thought we had a club going, people that ran the SCCoA told us WE are the club, you guys just hang out here...so fugg that.

You just make sure if you head to Backersfield to run, you post before hand. I'd love to see it run 9's if it has it in it.

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Jim,

What are the new RWHP numbers ? PM me if you don't want to post them.

David

Dave

Dan made the changes on the car after doing some testing he found out it needed a better fuel and more fuel volume. He said the heads my dad did and the whole setup has so much power its unreal. His computer system is neat he made the injectors to flow what he wanted the timming firing order is changed the 40% overdrive picked it up this dam thing rings your ears real good

One the 2nd to the last dyno pull it was 563rwhp he changed timming fuel curve last pull was 565rwhp now with the car 500lbs lighter down to 3600 we where at 535rwhp at 4100lbs on the 10.659et run spinning the tires in high gear loosing top end mph as you can tell in the 124mph speed. Our next run out of the box should be well into the 9's

Chuck Delue is doing some special trick deal to the IRS and adding limiters to the front as to only lift 2" it will be the quickest 60fts ever by a IRS car all in all we are lucky Chuck said the last two runs the car was on the border line of the un-known he watch the runs from behind the car. I am happy they got my picture on the front page and time slip up that so much appreciated

One good thing I have my NHRA license to go 5.99et and quicker 9.70's should not be a problem it will be nice to have Kurt and a few others to help with my efforts Team Nor-Cal back again with six guns :-)

David Neibert
11-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Dave

Dan made the changes on the car after doing some testing he found out it needed a better fuel and more fuel volume. He said the heads my dad did and the whole setup has so much power its unreal. His computer system is neat he made the injectors to flow what he wanted the timming firing order is changed the 40% overdrive picked it up this dam thing rings your ears real good

One the 2nd to the last dyno pull it was 563rwhp he changed timming fuel curve last pull was 565rwhp now with the car 500lbs lighter down to 3600 we where at 535rwhp at 4100lbs on the 10.659et run spinning the tires in high gear loosing top end mph as you can tell in the 124mph speed. Our next run out of the box should be well into the 9's

Chuck Delue is doing some special trick deal to the IRS and adding limiters to the front as to only lift 2" it will be the quickest 60fts ever by a IRS car all in all we are lucky Chuck said the last two runs the car was on the border line of the un-known he watch the runs from behind the car. I am happy they got my picture on the front page and time slip up that so much appreciated

One good thing I have my NHRA license to go 5.99et and quicker 9.70's should not be a problem it will be nice to have Kurt and a few others to help with my efforts Team Nor-Cal back again with six guns :-)

Wow !!! That's an incredible amount of power for not using nitrous or similar fuel additives. I know the oxygenated fuel is good for 5% (about 25 rwhp), but you are making so much more, and I'm having a hard time understanding how.

I'd really like to see a copy of the dyno sheet. What was peak torque and at what rpm.

David

Miller
11-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Jim, I think you have proven your point with the IRS. Why dont you throw it out and set it up with a nice solid rear, so you can get some nasty 60ft's, and not have to worry about jumping up and facing the wall one day.

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Wow !!! That's an incredible amount of power for not using nitrous or similar fuel additives. I know the oxygenated fuel is good for 5% (about 25 rwhp), but you are making so much more, and I'm having a hard time understanding how.

I'd really like to see a copy of the dyno sheet. What was peak torque and at what rpm.

David

Dave

I will see if I can nab the sheet from him the engine has the power or always did he's been tinkering with it and finding out what it wants to get the horsepower out of it. The only thing he is using is the Q16 but the changing of the firing order and timming and injectors fuel volume has a lot to do with it. I think if I can get him on here post what he has done would explane it better his tunning savy is over my head at times. The guy is a master at what he does making formula sheets all kinds of things. The computer system is custom built for the car by him as is the injectors its a neat setup

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Jim, I think you have proven your point with the IRS. Why dont you throw it out and set it up with a nice solid rear, so you can get some nasty 60ft's, and not have to worry about jumping up and facing the wall one day.

Why IRS?

I feel the IRS is what makes SC what it is changing to a solid rear or changing the front takes away from what the car is and my whole personal goal is going 9's in a factory IRS SC. What Chuck is doing is stablizing the IRS and improving the weight transfer. This is in hope of not going on my lid at 130+MPH that could get real ugly going 124mph at top end speed with the tire shake tire spin and quick darting side to side and back pedeling it was a real treat in itself

GONE14S
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Why IRS?

I feel the IRS is what makes SC what it is changing to a solid rear or changing the front takes away from what the car is and my whole personal goal is going 9's in a factory IRS SC. What Chuck is doing is stablizing the IRS and improving the weight transfer. This is in hope of not going on my lid at 130+MPH that could get real ugly going 124mph at top end speed with the tire shake tire spin and quick darting side to side and back pedeling it was a real treat in itself

Agreed Jim.
Your dad wanted to put the car on top without nos. and just under horse power itself. Looks like Dan new the other half of the puzzle in getting what your dad had built. Kind of like where old school, meets high tech.

Your dad new what is was he wanted in the motor, but I think he needed the help that you have now with the PC tuning to get it where it is now.

Either way your father is going to have the last laugh and a big smile.
I'm glad you made it back after your fathers death to finish what you and he started.

Prop's to both of you and to Dan,Chuck,BJ and the others.

Kurt

Miller
11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
all im saying is, I dont think SCCOA fame is worth risking "putting yourself on your lid at 130mph" .. I dont think the IRS is what makes a SC a SC.. I dont sit inside of it and go DAMN IM SURE GLD THIS THING HAS IRS... i think the cool factor is in that its a giant boat of a car, that nobody will ever look twice at. and when you beat them, you can show them a tiny little motor.. thats a SC.. to me at least....

dont kill yahself

GONE14S
11-28-2007, 06:51 PM
all im saying is, I dont think SCCOA fame is worth risking "putting yourself on your lid at 130mph" .. I dont think the IRS is what makes a SC a SC.. I dont sit inside of it and go DAMN IM SURE GLD THIS THING HAS IRS... i think the cool factor is in that its a giant boat of a car, that nobody will ever look twice at. and when you beat them, you can show them a tiny little motor.. thats a SC.. to me at least....

dont kill yahself

Agreed Miller,
I hope that when Jim gets his 9 sec run that he will park the SC for a while.

There is a lonely 57 sitting in the garge that is worth throwing money into than the SC. I'm sure the folk's that are helping Jim would love to get to play with a real pro drag car.

Like I said before "I'd pay to see that car run down the track one more time"
I know there are folk's that new Jim Sr and that car and would kill to see it run again.

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
"Silver Bullet" Update

Things are going as planed we got a new Race Pack system from Baca Racing Dan is going to install it. This will help monitor drive shaft speed exhaust temps we can tell what each cylindar is doing if lean on each run. We can see the run graph after each run cylindar pressures its a trick setup. Dan said this way he can fine tune it at the track bring the run graph up

Chuck is getting his IRS deal going full tilt limiters are installed on front thats a neat setup 2" travel. We will see IRS 60ft in the 1.30's we all got one thing in mind 9.98et 135mph keeping the shinny side up I hope :-)

CMac89
11-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Jim,

You will need more than 2" of travel. A 112" wheelbase car will be hard to do pull wheelstands. Do you know the multiple in the converter you are running? You start out with as much travel as you can and work your way down.

Standard drag racing techniques.

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Jim,

You will need more than 2" of travel. A 112" wheelbase car will be hard to do pull wheelstands. Do you know the multiple in the converter you are running? You start out with as much travel as you can and work your way down.

Standard drag racing techniques.

He's done this bore to an IRS car it worked good he dont want the waisted upward movement wants it to go up 2" lift the wheels a little bit all forward movement. The rear IRS he making more ridgid sorta like the old Pro Gas cars long and heavy. Plus this will help the top end problems it will pick the wheels up a little the conveter is a 4500 stall with trans brake it will work perfrect

Duffy Floyd
11-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Care the clarify that remark Al35thsc? Don't appreciate being throw into a "crowd" that supposedly said something I never said....or typed.

Miller
11-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Jim, what is being done to stiffen up the IRS like you say? maybe you can show me pictures on the old racecars you described if you can find them , to give me a visual ?

your still not planning to get it on the street again and smogged right? 2" of travel wouldnt do so good with potholes.. eeeek

al35thsc
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Care the clarify that remark Al35thsc? Don't appreciate being throw into a "crowd" that supposedly said something I never said....or typed.

It was George and it happened a loooong time ago, Duffman. No hard feelings though, mkay?

Duffy Floyd
11-30-2007, 05:46 PM
So....why bring it up Alex?:rolleyes:

al35thsc
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM
So....why bring it up Alex?:rolleyes:

Because my friend Kurt here mentioned:

and I was pointing out one of the main reaons why we went from a good "club" of a dozen members, several meets at the track at dynos and tech parties, several dozen posts per day, getting the SW club back into participating with SCCoA after they left.....AND I did it all without naming names and without getting too specific about it. You took it as in I was talking about you, for some odd reason and somehow this thread has gone off topic.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/calimeet1.jpg
This was the first North South meet we had, the second one had twice as many people.

Now, we have Kurt trying to meet up with Jim's crew to try to restore some form of participation.

Now, don't try and hijack this thread and go to PM if you want to discuss it further.

GONE14S
11-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I did not mean to start something up between the two of you......did know there was a problem! But your right it does not belong here.
N/Cal has been dead evry since I can renenber. It had a couple of good day's but thats about it, thats all I was saying before. I looked at S/Cal and it seemed the same ...for what ever reason./

I will say this though Al,
I sitting here trying to put names to all the faces.

Lets see:
Ron SC, AL, John Shellton,Manny, Jim D,Mark (CHP),Dave R, Wendy, Me,........thats sad, thats all I can remember.........good pic though.

Kurt

Duffy Floyd
11-30-2007, 10:01 PM
As suspected....no GOOD reason since it was not germane to the thread that was started. I agree...any further "discussion" should be done by PM. But I have the information I requested. Thank you.

Have fun Kurt if you guys are able to get together. Hope you get to see a record run by Jim. If not...there is always next time.

GONE14S
11-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Duffy,
Maybe I should say I'm sorry. I did not know there was a problem.

I was just remembing the old days in the SCCOA when we where doing things here in Ca. Can't beleave how many people I have forgotten, how many have moved on and wondering how they are doing now. Folk's like:
Rob Noth, Dave Rainer, Evan....etc.

Al, was right the second meet was even bigger. I remember when we lined the cars up along the back side of the run way. There where some 25-30 cars that meet.
To me those where the good times!

Kurt

al35thsc
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Like I said, Buds...no hard feelings. It fell inline with the thread cuz people mentioned So Cal was dead and I let them know why a lot were put off without going into details and being pretty general about it. I talk to some of them and they keep me in the loop about others. Hopefully some day, beers can be exchanged so there are no bruised egos. Mkay?

Names are easy, Kurt!

Top is Ron Randal, Jose, You, I cant remember that guys name but he had a sweet midnight blue SC, then Demmitt although I see an arm behind him, Nikki and Heather (yummy), the guy from JErsey's gf at the time, John Shelton, Anthony, the track gardner, Tinocker and kids, then at the bottom Mark, your wifey, Ron and grandson...from what I hear that kid is a tank!

Seriously, if you guys go to Bakersfield, let us know.

al35thsc
11-30-2007, 11:02 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/bakersmeet2.jpg

here's part deux...I can't do names. I have all of the pictures.

Check this one out:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0248.jpg

Got them all full size.

GONE14S
11-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Damn Al, those sure do bring back the memories.
The dark blue was Dave Rainer. We almost got them all....lol
I'm supprised you still have them. Got any of all the cars lined up??

Sorry, about jacking the thread Jim, but I'm sure you understand.........these where good days for Cali.

Kurt

al35thsc
12-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Damn Al, those sure do bring back the memories.
The dark blue was Dave Rainer. We almost got them all....lol
I'm supprised you still have them. Got any of all the cars lined up??

Sorry, about jacking the thread Jim, but I'm sure you understand.........these where good days for Cali.

Kurt

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0235.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0236.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0237.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0238.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0239.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0240.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0241.jpg

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-01-2007, 01:55 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/bakersmeet2.jpg

here's part deux...I can't do names. I have all of the pictures.

Check this one out:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/etzatlan/Picture_0248.jpg

Got them all full size.

Al

Thats some nice pictures nice shot of the Silver Bullet :-) We need a Bakersfeild SC Reunion these pictures bring back the fun times we all had together. We will be coming down in March that track is nice good bite good et's and speed

GONE14S
12-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Awsome Al,
You da man thanks.
I can see the wifes SC and mine sitting there in the middle.
I do reconize some of those cars. Was a great day.

Kurt