Gas and Water out of right side exhaust

Kurt13R

Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is?
I just replaced my transmission and didn't even get to test drive it. I started the car and a bunch of white smoke started pouring out of my right exhaust pipe. The car had only been sitting for about 2 weeks until I got the tranny and put it in. I looked at the right exhaust pipe and a bunch of fluid was coming out of it. I then noticed it was gas and water mixed. You can smell the fumes plain as day and it is gas. I check the oil and there is no antifreeze or water in the oil. The car is running rough and doesn't hold a good idle. Any ideas?

Hows the idle? If rough than you have a misfire or a plug not firing causing the fuel to just pour out the muffler.

Let it run for alittle bit. It my have been flooded with fuel.

Or you my even have a leaking injector.

I would drive it around the block and see if the smoke is still coming out!

Even if you had a bad plug causing a single-cylinder misfire, the fuel should not be pouring out. I think it would light off in the catalytic converters. That, of course, would cause a pinging / popping noise and the converters would get RED hot pretty soon. I think you may have a bad injector. You should perform a fuel pressure test, including leakdown.

Back