Not firing on all cylinders!!!

scron94

My car is not firing on the passenger side cylinders. There is spark, but I'm still not 100% sure about the fuel. All of my injectors were cleaned and tested to be ok. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Car is a 94 5spd.

Thanks,
Ron

test fuel pressure at the rail.

how old are the plugs ?

will it crank and not fire up ?? or does it just run really crappy ?

Tickler
I know that it is not firing on one side because when I pull the plug wires off of the coil, it makes no difference in the way the car runs. When I pull one off of the other side it dies.

Thunderkid
It runs but it is very hard to start and it runs very badly.

Does the tach seem to work well? This problem sounds like a bad DIS module. I had the same exact symptoms.

Similar problems happen with bad cam sensors. Advanced Auto and O'Reilly auto parts stores can test DIS modules.

Tickler
I know that it is not firing on one side because when I pull the plug wires off of the coil, it makes no difference in the way the car runs. When I pull one off of the other side it dies.

Thunderkid
It runs but it is very hard to start and it runs very badly.

Pulling the plug wires off the coil pack doesn't work the same as pulling one off a distributor. We have a waste spark system that fires both sides of the coil at once. It's also got some goofy deal going on that sparks the plugs on one side of the motor from ground strap to electrode and the other side fires from electrode to ground strap.

Pulling the wires off and not feeling a differince may be because you are only killing spark to one cylinder and pulling it off the other side of the coil pack may be killing spark to two cylinders. Hopefully one of the others here can give a better more technical explanation.

David

Yeah I was aware of the 2 firing cylinders. I still find it weird that it only affects one side when the wires are removed.

The plugs are new!

Ron

Back