2 questions (long)

curse

I went to a junk yard today and found some steel idler pulleys that will fit my car. Only problem is that it is a 6 rib pulley, i think they are from a cobra will there be a problem with the 6 rib pulley cutting my 8 rib belt?? Any help will be great thanks

Also on the way back form the junk yard i was driving slow and shifting early around 1700-1900 rpms. i shifted like this into 3rd and some guy started tailgateing me so i part throttled it my rpms were around 1500-1700 and my sc bucked but at around 2100 rpms it felt fine and strong i have a 94 sc with a 10% o/d and a gator back belt is my belt slipping or am i just out of my powerband at those rpms thanks for your help

You should be able to detect belt slip by fine rubber dust around the pulley snout.

Many have used those pulleys with no issue. Others ran into an issue, and others just cut two ribs off their belt.

The SC's power band peaks at under 1500 RPM, so it's unlikely you hit a bad power band.

ok also there is no black dust and but i was in a high gear should of been in 2nd i think that is why i bucked but thanks for your help

Can you duplicate the issue?

Bucking is not real specific so it's hard to guess. Did the tach fluctuate as well? I.E. was this an electrical issue or a fuel issue.

no the tach was fine just felt like it stuttered for a split sec. if i shift normal power was there that is why i am thinking i was in too high of a gear thanks again for your help

Shouldn't be bucking.

I've Stomped it at 1500RPM in a higher gear. It might "lag" for a split second as the I/C fill up with pressurized air but it should'nt "BUCK".

I would be looking into plugs and wires as a potential problem. Also consider running some Fuel injection cleaner. Take the car out and try and reproduce the conditions.

I have to admit that when It is cold outside and the air is denser, I"ve had the occasional low rpm buck. But I'm running the wrong wires on this car and have the plugs undergapped etc etc. So I attribute it to that.

Back