Brembo vs. AP Racing

joshbea6

I've been looking into getting 4 piston calipers for the SC project. Now I've considered changing the bolt pattern to the mustang, but not completely sold on it.

Here's my question:

What is the BIG difference bewteen Brembo and AP Racing that would make the AP racing brake kit almost $1K more than the Brembo kit from FRPP?

I've gotten a quote of $1K shipped from Ford Racing on the Brembo kit for the mustang, and on supercoupeperformance, the AP Racing kit (the cheapest one) is almost $2K.

What gives?? Is there a big difference? If so, what is it?

AP racing is billet I believe. Brembos are cast and come as factory application on automobiles.

Go Brembo all the way and save yourself some cash I say. Not that teh AP are bette ror inferior but I dont think the cost is justified either way.

Myself and Tony Serno (SCme94) have the AP Racing 4 piston brakes on our cars. Are they worth it? Maybe? For me it was because I bought mine when TCCoA was giving a nice discount on them.

Anyway, since I've bought mine, I've noticed that some of the Mustang magazines consider the AP Racing calipers a step above the Brembo calipers. Kind of like buying and wearing Ralph Lauren Polo clothes versus J.C. Penney clothes. The AP Racing brakes just make a statement any where you go.

Last edited:
Back