Radiator fan motor seized up

midgetchaser

Sooo the radiator fan motor seized up and melted quite a bit of wiring. Theres a gray connector looking thing by the fuse box under the hood....the wires comming out of that thing melted too anyone know what that is?

and when i try to run codes koeo style i get nothing no cel light blinks or anything.

Oh yea heres some interesting stuff. I pulled the thremostat out so i can drive it, Cause i dont have anything else and the new fan motor wont be there till next week, and it still overheats it just takes longer.:eek: so thats cool

any thoughts?

Sooo the radiator fan motor seized up and melted quite a bit of wiring. Theres a gray connector looking thing by the fuse box under the hood....the wires comming out of that thing melted too anyone know what that is?

If it is behind the driver's headlight I would say it sounds like the IRCM, which would be bad (houses several relays).

Actually I think he may be describing the fusible link located to the rear of the Power Distribution Block that also contains fuses. The fusible link for the fan circuit is 16 GA and is black in color. There is also a Gray 12 GA fusible link and a Blue 20 GA fusible link in the same area. The Gray one actually feeds power to the other two. You are going to have to remove insulation though to see which ones actually melted. BTDT

Back