I got "T" boned!

madison

As I took my turn passing thru an intersection (a four way stop) Without a whisper.......... KAAAA BAMMMM!!!!!!!!!! ..................... Oh .......... I think I've been Hit...... and I had been.... There were no winners but that stinking little honda w/ the NO speaka englis folks inside were clearly the loosers.
Anyway to keep this technical I have a last ditch Question to save my nemisis from the extra parts for sale place. I can't say Junk Yaaaa.... Yet. The Frame has definatly been altered due to this event. We were smacked on the passanger's side. The leading edge of the door and jamb took most of it. So from just in front of the door the energy was absorbed diminishing to a point slightly into the rear quarter.
It is probably a mute point but would I even stand a chance of getting it straight again? The deepest part of the damage pushed the door frame and beyond in about 2" to 4" (Just about where the sub-fream and unibody connect would be the hinge point). I am sure the insurance will total it. (90 SC aod w/almost 200k NO RUST) Would I have a prayer in thinking I could get a frame shop to get it right again?

Last edited:
You may be better off trying to find a body you could transfer your stuff over to. When my 93 got totaled back in 04, I had to fight with the insurance to get 3000 for it. Well i got the asking price and was able to keep the car as well. All hard fought for. The insurance co.'s will not want to give you anything for it. Probably will offer you 1800 to start. The key is to negotiate.
Good luck!

Back