strange thing happened

stevexr7sc

I've never had this happen before. After going for a ride in mr car it started to leak fluid from the pass side. This happened when it was parked and idling at home. I looked underneath and saw a clear fluid that tasted like anti-freeze. Any ideas why or how come?
Steve

Steve,

First, check to see that your coolant reservoir isn't overflowing. If that checks out OK, then start looking really closely at the coolant lines up that side of the engine. Remember your heater hoses go through the firewall on the passenger side. Also, there is a small heater hose that goes to and from the T.B. from the factory. Has the engine been rebuilt? Have the head gaskets ever been replaced?

Regards,

Sean

Like Sean said, there a a few places on the passenger side that will leak fluid and/or coolant.

The tube that runs from the ECT sensor that also feeds the TB on early models could have come loose or become severed at one of the connection points. Also, the overflow tube could have come loose, or you could be pushing coolant right through the top of it. Also, I believe there is a cooling line that runs to the oil cooler from that side.

Have you checked it out yet?

Also like i just learned last week, check your actual overflow tank for the anti freeze. The bottom back of the tank there is a seem were it was molded together.. thats where i found my leak, I went to get a new one from 2 local wreckers and all of them had a small leak there.. ended up heating up some plastic spoons and pouring them on the seem and smoothing it to reseal it
now i got no leaks

(except for the damn main seal =<)

hope that helps

Thanks guys. I'm going to check it out later Tues. I've been at the cottage for the long weekend. Yes, the engine has a fresh rebuild and the head gaskets were changed. I hope its nothing major!!!

Thanks, Steve.

Back