for the sake of my christmas wish list

fullride85

i want a tool set and since don't have an sc yet (hopefully soon)...

does working on an sc require primarily english or metric tool sets? or both?

also, any specific (power?) tools i should put on the wish list? i dont have any tools to my name as of now :(

ps... maybe i should have put this in the nontechnical forum thread? apologies to the moderator if it gets moved :)

Last edited:
metrics... better raid the ford specialty parts section of advance auto parts too :) spanner wrench, din tools, brake caliper socket, etc... :)

and if you use pneumatic tools... impact wrench. for reals.

supercharger fluid

oh.. and a dozen cans of PB blaster... that stuff is awesome :)

Things I would put on my list if I didn't have them:
1. Metric socket set, including short and shallow sockets.
2. ratchet with a flex head(For the spark plugs, I use this ratchet for all of them except the pass. rear)
3. Fuel line disconnect tool, a must!
4. metric flex sockets
5. metric wrenches
6. 3/8, 1/2" torque wrench would be nice too.
7. screwdriver set

And most important of all, a BIG box of band aids to go with that first aid kit cause you will run out.....My preference Snoopy...

S

Upper control arms??

Zip ties! Kinda like the same thing as duct Tape, never leave home without them.
I think he means to ziptie all the vaccum lines that are under boost to help prevent any boost leaks. A lot of people use these for that reason, including myself.

Chris

Yes...they also come in handy for securing wires and hoses beneath the car or under the dash or under the hood. The more mods you make the more you need them.

A tube of Permatex copper RTV can be used to seal everything from head studs, intake manifolds, TBs, IC tubes, blower inlet and gear case, blower top, rocker covers, balancer keyway, exhaust manifold/header gaskets, oil pan ect...ect...

I always had to use the ZIPTIES, to hogtie my GF so she couldnt attack me when i wanted to work on the bird on the weekends.. bahha

Add to this list a case of beer for whomever you get to come over to help you with the bird. Also add a case of beer for yourself...

Helps to dull the pain that the tylenol doesn't cover.

Back