M112 rotor bearings

kenewagner

Cant find any to replace mine. I have contact several venders and no luck. Not all M112 bearings are the same size. Mine is a 17MM ID X 27MM OD 22mm
long. They seem to be unavailable. I left a message with Embree and Magnuson but nothing as of yet.

Ken

did you check the manufacturer of the bearings used in the M90. You might check with suutari who was going through similar trials finding bearings for what he was doing.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40197&highlight=rotor+pack+bearings

Problem is the M112 blower I have uses a bigger bearing than M90s. There is also a diffrence between diffrent M112s I wish I had know the bearings were a pain to find. I would have started earlier looking for them. The case is ready to go together and the bearing are going to set me back from reassembling and getting the blower back on

Ken

You can look in your phone book for a local bearing house.
Then go to them and find a bearing. or get a torrington, etc
bearing catalog from bearing house ,to cross refurance.

The MPIII and MPX use larger bearings in the case than MP90.

If you can find a bearing to fit rotors shaft diameter.
You can bore the blower case for a larger outside
diameter bearing. Upgrading to a larger diameter bearing
would help the bearings live longer with overdriveing.

Randy

You can look in your phone book for a local bearing house.
Then go to them and find a bearing. or get a torrington, etc
bearing catalog from bearing house ,to cross refurance.

The MPIII and MPX use larger bearings in the case than MP90.

If you can find a bearing to fit rotors shaft diameter.
You can bore the blower case for a larger outside
diameter bearing. Upgrading to a larger diameter bearing
would help the bearings live longer with overdriveing.

Randy

I tried the local bearing houses no luck. But if I cant find the right bearing your idea of boring out the case and installing a bigger bearing might be the ticket:)

Ken

I was thinking more along the lines of finding out where he gets the bearings from...

Everyone I talk to acts like it is a national secret. No one will tell me anything. I have a call into Wade Embree but he hasnt called be back. This is ridiculious I have called all the big names

Ken

Magnuson is in California, so they are probably just opening about now...you might try calling them again. They've been pretty helpful when I called, but I wasn't asking for bearing info either...hehe...

Good luck to you Ken...I hope you can locate them soon. Let me know how it turns out.

Magnuson is in California, so they are probably just opening about now...you might try calling them again. They've been pretty helpful when I called, but I wasn't asking for bearing info either...hehe...

Good luck to you Ken...I hope you can locate them soon. Let me know how it turns out.

Talked to them this morning and they wont sell any bearings

Ken

Ken, I will check with a contact I have here in KC. I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Ken, I will check with a contact I have here in KC. I'll let you know.

Thanks I will check the E bay listing. I already know they are for a M90 and wont fit but the seller said he has bearings for a cobra M112 and they should fit

Ken

Ken,

Whoever makes the bearings for the M90, likely has bearings for the M112 you have. They just aren't going to list them as "bearings for the m112 blower from a jaguar". I.e. you call the manufacturer, and tell them you want a needle bearing with the same load, rpm, and lubrication requirements as the M90 bearing number, but it needs to be "this" size.

Then let them look things up. There are not that many bearing companies, so someone is making it.

Better yet, call or drive > MOTION INDUSTRIES

5725 F. STREET
OMAHA , NE 68117 -0000

Phone: (402) 344-7332
Fax: (402) 345-1484

Better yet, call or drive > MOTION INDUSTRIES

5725 F. STREET
OMAHA , NE 68117 -0000

Phone: (402) 344-7332
Fax: (402) 345-1484

Already done that. They have no such bearing in their catalog. Mike is right somebody makes them but no one seems to know who. SCcougar saids the guy selling M90 bearings on E bay also has M112 bearings (75 bucks a pair)but they are not capped on one end

Ken

Note that I would tell such a manufacturer, that your application is anything other than a supercharger. They may have an agreement with Eaton for exclusive use in that application.

Mike is right, I was able to get the m90 bearings and the seal but did not tell them it was for a supercharger. I rebuilt a model 1 mercruser outdrive once and told them it was for that app and they told me they did not have them. My dad goes in the same place with the numbers and bam all the bearings and seals in stock. If you have the bearings in hand and off the item they should be able to match them up. You might of got a guy who was going home soon and did not want to be botherd with a small sale who knows.

Back