Whinning sound from my SC....

thumper

Hey guys, here's a question: Occasionaly, after driving my Super Coupe, a whinning sound eminates from the engine compartment. I'm dumb founded. I have no idea what it could be.... Any input from you fine, knowledgable folks would be GREAT!

hehehehe

um....does it get louder and higher pitched the higher the RPMs go up? I think you might be hearing the mighy jet engine sound of our beloved Eaton M-90...in other words...that little supercharger thingy makes a lot of noise! ;)

Oh no! I hate it! I think I'm just going to take that stupid blower thing off!! WHAT'S IT GOOD FOR ANYWAY?!

haha....

It's not that kind of whinning. It's after I park the thing. It sounds like maybe a vaccum leak, or something... I don't know... I was just curious if anyone else shared this problem.

hehe.... Not really a goose.. If the goose had some kinda whistle, then maybe.

Yeah.... I'd say it's more of a whistling sound than a whinning sound. My bad: next time I'll try to watch my desciptive adjectives. :)

Try playing with the steering wheel... it might be the noisy power steering pump.

Many people with ford's have extremely noisy pumps (including myself). It almost makes me sad... since you cant really hear my engine over all the whining noises coming from my engine!

Anyway, if you turn the wheel and the noise gets louder, you've found your problem. Check your power steering fluid, and if its fine, dont worry about it.

Back