Engine chugs when full throttle in higher gears!!!

derekhay316

I just got a tune up done where they changed the valve gaskets, oxygen sensors and spark plugs (not the wires) and now when I put on full throttle in usually 3rd and 4th gear the car will chug or studder. Any idea what this would be? Maybe the timing? Also the check engine light was on before (that's why i got the tune up) and now thats gone, but it still has this problem.

K i just put in a new DIS, crankshaft sensor, water pump, harmonic balancer and it still studders through all gears. Whats up with this? Could it be spark plug wires???

yep

Mine chuggs through the higher rpms then will pull hard once it gets through that...Narrowed it down to plugs and wires...Good luck man

Cheers

Camshaft sensor

sounds to me like it might be the camshaft sensor. mine used to do that to and then when i replaced the sensor it ran like it was brand new. it is a cheap fix. maybe around $12 for the part and it is simple to put in. but thats just my take on it. hope this helps
Matt

Check your wires! I had a similar problem and found one wire was detached from tha plug. Or could be time for new wires. Is any smoke coming out tha exaust, cause when my cats went the car would shudder like crazy in 3rd-4th gear. Hope this helps.

K cuz I just had a tune up in the summer and put in all new motomaster plat. plugs, but i didn't change the wires. How much do stock wires cost? and how hard would it be to put on??? Thanks.

WIRES

Plugs and wires is not a very good place to save money on our cars...Long as you are using nothing less than double plats you should be good to go...Wires are very critical as well though, so don't go cheap there cuz you will just end up having problems...

I use the ACCEL Extreme 9000 Hight temp Spiral core wire set with heat reflective coating on them...The part number is 9030 for the SC kit...they are about 80bux all in to your door...You may be able to find a better price if ya shop, but these wires have been flawless on my 90SC for two years now, and they pop on and off the plug nice...THey are no pretty as in blue red yellow or whatever, since they are plain ol black, but they are all business..

lata

My buddy had what seemed like a shutting off of the fuel line as it hit high RPM's right after he had it tuned up at Pep Boys. Seems they put Plugs in it that didn't want to take. He made them buy new plugs from Ford and put them in and the probelm was solved.

@

Back