PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump questions...hmmm?

BArtkowsky
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a 92 SC 5spd. Did ford ever use walbro pumps stock? I pulled my tank out to fix the ""recall fixed"" fuel lines and figured that i should replace the pump since it was kinda noisy and the car has 174k miles and when i pulled the pump out it had a walbro pump. it looked all stock installed. None of the wires were re crimped and no other signs of a 190 or 255 pump installation kit. Part #'s on the pump are E9SF 9350 AA, 5523, 09392-2. Is this the stock 110 Lph pump? I tried to cross reference the #'s but didnt have any luck... any ideas? thanks

BArtkowsky
11-28-2007, 07:55 PM
oh and the plastic convulate tubing ford installed at one point for the recall on the fuel lines worked its way down just about where the nylon is barbed on the steel lines leaving the upper bend to rub through on the floor board, a hell of a solution comprised by ford, what geniouses, someone should beat them with a tire iron

Scott Long
11-28-2007, 09:03 PM
E9SF is a ford part # with a part batch that started in 89. They only change the number when the part is updated or redesigned. So a 92 with an E9SF pump is a stock pump that was designed for the 89+ SC's.

BArtkowsky
11-28-2007, 09:13 PM
wow so i got 174k miles out of a stock pump, pretty good id say, just ordered a 190 LPh from SCP. still have to fix the lines too

BArtkowsky
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
well bought the stuff to fix the lines myself, bought a 190LPH walbro pump from Super coupe performance and put it all back together. What a difference, my old pump was real noisy for like over a year and im pretty sure it was on its last leg comparing it to the new fuel pump. I finishewd her up at 11 o'clock on sat night laying on iced over cardboard while it was freezing rain for 2 hrs. Glad i got her done when i did cause it is friggin cold now and snow is on the ground. but wat a pain in the a** it was to drop the tank, my one bolt for the rear pass side strap was rusted and busted the clip so all it would do is just spin around ($1.41 in new parts) then gettin the tank back up was a pain too. Glad it is done