94 rear diff with trac-loc 3.31 ratio

07WhiteDevilZ06

Is there any interest in a 94 rear diff with 89k on the gears with new bearings 0 miles and fresh rebuilt trac-lock 0 miles and new seals 0 miles 3.31 ratio $350.00 plus shipping

Thanks

George

Nice Spare!

I'd buy it but can't right now:mad:!

I wonder how that would be in a 5 speed car, prob. just on the track:D!

I'd like to get mine running right first:rolleyes:

Goodluck with the sale!

Tom

Hi George..

Interested in your dif for use in my 96 V8 Tbird.. I want to add trac-loc to my car but don't need (or want) the 3.55 or 3.73 that most go with..

My car currently has an open 3.27 rear so this would be a good close match.. No need to change speedo gears or have the computer reprogrammed.

I'm wondering if you rebuilt the rear yourself or if a shop did it and if there is any sort of warranty or gaurantee against defects in the workmanship?

The reason I ask is because I bought a trac-lok for my TurboCoupe a few years ago that was rebuilt with clutches, bearings etc and it was not good.. terrible whine and shudder, total hack job that cost me more to have rebuilt right than the original purchase price.. Seller told me I must have installed the rear end wrong :rolleyes: (you know, because bolting in a solid rear end screws that stuff up) but I digress...

I'm in New Hampshire so ground shipping shouldn't be too bad.. can you let me know total cost shipped and let me know on the other question as well?

Thanks,

Kev Schofield

Hi George..

Interested in your dif for use in my 96 V8 Tbird.. I want to add trac-loc to my car but don't need (or want) the 3.55 or 3.73 that most go with..

My car currently has an open 3.27 rear so this would be a good close match.. No need to change speedo gears or have the computer reprogrammed.

I'm wondering if you rebuilt the rear yourself or if a shop did it and if there is any sort of warranty or gaurantee against defects in the workmanship?

The reason I ask is because I bought a trac-lok for my TurboCoupe a few years ago that was rebuilt with clutches, bearings etc and it was not good.. terrible whine and shudder, total hack job that cost me more to have rebuilt right than the original purchase price.. Seller told me I must have installed the rear end wrong :rolleyes: (you know, because bolting in a solid rear end screws that stuff up) but I digress...

I'm in New Hampshire so ground shipping shouldn't be too bad.. can you let me know total cost shipped and let me know on the other question as well?

Thanks,

Kev Schofield

Kev,

I am a shop TT Performance Parts Inc I can not provide a warrenty on this unit because the gears are old but i know the rear is silent because the unit came out of my car and the gears are fine I went to 3.73 send me a zip and town and i can let you know about shipping.

George

Thats cool... I'm in 03833 Exeter, NH

I looked at your previous threads and see there was some discussion about your traction controlled automatic having a trac-lok differential.. In all the research I've done I've not found an automatic traction controlled SC with trac-lok from the factory.

Is this the whole center carrier from the car you got in October as you purchased it? Or did you move just the gears over to another carrier?

Did you rebuild the rear end with the new bearings, clutches etc or were they done by the previous owner at the 90K service? (I guess I'm wondering if the bearings, clutches and seals have 0 miles on them, how do you know the rear is silent and the lash adjustments etc are ready to go?)

Do you have the tag on the rear that you can take a picture of?

Please don't take these questions the wrong way.. I'm the type of guy who researches and makes sure I know what I'm getting and know what to expect for my money..

Thanks,

Kev

Thats cool... I'm in 03833 Exeter, NH

I looked at your previous threads and see there was some discussion about your traction controlled automatic having a trac-lok differential.. In all the research I've done I've not found an automatic traction controlled SC with trac-lok from the factory.

Is this the whole center carrier from the car you got in October as you purchased it? Or did you move just the gears over to another carrier?

Did you rebuild the rear end with the new bearings, clutches etc or were they done by the previous owner at the 90K service? (I guess I'm wondering if the bearings, clutches and seals have 0 miles on them, how do you know the rear is silent and the lash adjustments etc are ready to go?)

Do you have the tag on the rear that you can take a picture of?

Please don't take these questions the wrong way.. I'm the type of guy who researches and makes sure I know what I'm getting and know what to expect for my money..

Thanks,

Kev

Kev,

Just so you know this is not my first rear I have worked on I have over 14years in the business. The rear is out of my car it is a non trac-loc carrier. I took a good trac-loc and rebuilt it. I measured the backlash and the pinion depth before I pulled it appart and I returned it back to that measurement after i put it back together. So the mesh has not changed there for the sound of the rear should still be silent. so thats how i knw the rear bearings have no miles on them and the seals and clutches have no miles on them

george

Thanks George..

Just let me know what the shipping quote is..

Do you accept PayPal for payment?

Kev

George..

Just spoke to a friend of mine at the local salvage yard and they took in a rotted 95 SC 5 speed.. He said they are going to crush the car as it's pretty trashed but I can come get the diff for free so I'm going to do that..

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions~

Kev

I just got back from the yard.. my buddy there isn't the brightest bulb.. It was an automatic supercharged Cougar XR7.. it's rotted underneath but complete otherwise with 110K.

Axle code is E on the door and 3L27 on the tag so it's a 3.27 trac-lok.. He's pulling it for me for free so I'm just going to have the internals freshened up and use it..

He also has a 94/95 LX V8 with a Y code on the door which I think is an open 3.08 ( it has the fabulous all green interior :) )

But back to topic.. George's trac-lok rear end is still for sale~

Last edited:
Back