PDA

View Full Version : Test & Tune meet pushed to a latter date

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Test & Tune

This has been pushed back to latter date please check other thread by Kurt Gone14's for more info

Miller
11-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I'll see you there Jim

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I'll see you there Jim

Yessssss

That would be awesome to meet up with you and I hope others we have a Celibration dinner planed after the runs if I am still alive :-)

Miller
11-30-2007, 10:56 PM
im just kiddin jim driving to cali from NY is a bit to far for me on short knotice! but good luck and keep the shiny part up. i think you should get a decal made that says that " THIS SIDE UP" and put it on your roof for good luck

GONE14S
11-30-2007, 11:02 PM
I'll have the Camera crew there if this date hold's. You got to let me know for sure afew days ahead of time.

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I'll have the Camera crew there if this date hold's. You got to let me know for sure afew days ahead of time.

Kurt

Kurt

Sounds great old Nor-Cal back together again to blast into the record books in a big way :-) Silver Challenger

GONE14S
11-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Ok John.
Want another meet here you go. Think you can get the crew to show up at the track and witness a9 sec. run by a SC?
N/Cal is not being asked to run there car but to show up for support and have fun. If you want to run thats up to you.

Well, what say you N/Cal?? Time to man up.

Jim Repost the track info here please.

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
11-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Sacramento Raceway Park
Located on Excelsior Road off Jackson Highway

Date Sat Dec 22nd

Gates open at 10:00am runs start at 12 noon price $50 car and driver $15 for each crew member

Weather should be bone CHILLING high fog perfect race conditions for 9 second runs

GONE14S
12-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Ok, I'm 15.00 crew member ..............:D

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Ok, I'm 15.00 crew member ..............:D

Kurt

Kurt

We will be bringing an enclosed trailer Dan will be down loading the Race Pack computer run graph from the car after each run and tuning it. It has heat & bathroom just in case its to cold as we know it gets Burrrrrrrrrr :-) We will have plunty of snacks and lunch the lady's like to bring lots. Dinner is planed after it will be real fun when we went 10.659et it was a blast this will be even bigger

David Neibert
12-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Jim,

Good luck...I hope you do it.

David

seawalkersee
12-01-2007, 07:30 PM
I hope you do too. And for Gods sake, someone TAPE THIS. I want to hear the silence of all in disbelief.

Chris

Miller
12-01-2007, 07:38 PM
make sure you start taping BEFOR he purges OOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

GONE14S
12-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I hope you do too. And for Gods sake, someone TAPE THIS. I want to hear the silence of all in disbelief.

Chris

I have it covered..........;)

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Jim,

Good luck...I hope you do it.

David

Thank's Dave

This is very much appreciated my key people working on the car say the target goal 9.97et at 136mph is what there setting the car up for. This is a 3.8V6 M-90 IRS AOD SC something thats never been done before they did there homework an IRS SC with 3.8V6 and AOD has never been quicker than 10.659et I set and faster than 129mph you set. Our goal is to go 9's at over 130mph get both ends of the record for a real Super Coupe

I hope all our in support of our effort to set a record never done before Chuck said its risky going 9's in an IRS car of any kind going high 10's or mid 10's is nothing but 9's is a whole differaint world. He is stabalizing it as much as he can he keeps telling me he is glad its not his butt in the drivers seat. I plan to see it through this is my goal not my fathers and I know it will work just fine I got the best guys working on it

I may be doing double driving our life long friend got his new Pro Mod 68 Mustang fastback built by Rick Jones of RJR race cars done with Alan Johnson blown alcohol engine and ready for shakdown runs 6.090et at 232mph he wants to run in testing the 22nd. This is the car we plan on running in WCPMA 2008 season I got a lot on the table this is what I live for thank you again

David Neibert
12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Jim,

I'm sure that you know several people are going to accuse you of using nitrous or similar acting fuel additives. Have you given any thought to my offer of testing a sample of your motor oil after making the passes ?

David

GONE14S
12-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Dave,
He has been using racing fuel like everyone at the track up to this point that I know of. Using NOS was never a option.
I'm going to get the day on video and there are going to be other SCCOA members there to watch the run's. Other than that folk's here can beleave what they want, the result's are going to remain the same good or bad.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make hinm drink....I just shoot the horse.

Kurt

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Jim,

I'm sure that you know several people are going to accuse you of using nitrous or similar acting fuel additives. Have you given any thought to my offer of testing a sample of your motor oil after making the passes ?

David

Dave

This is the sad part of the whole deal the several people accusing me and pointing fingers at me for using Nitrous or Alcohol or Nitro. That fact we put so much time an effort into this deal for us to use Nitrous or Alcohol or Nitro would be one stupid move. Tell you one thing if we had Nitrous we would be in the 9's long ago doing it without that and using horsepower and Q16 race fuel and taking one step at a time is our only way

What bugs me about this whole deal and the one's helping me is the fact going quicker turns there little world upside down and they start attacking. They should be proud and appreciate the fact that we are putting a strong effort forward to show the outside world beond SCCoA that these cars can go quick and fast almost as quick as a Super Gas car

Like Kurt said you cant win at this deal no matter what you do there will always be the ones fighting aganced you it will never change. We are going to do it and get the job done you can have a tech come to the track take an oil sample after the runs if that make you all happy but I dont think it will. Try to think positive and support our effort in the 9 second quest

David Neibert
12-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Dave

This is the sad part of the whole deal the several people accusing me and pointing fingers at me for using Nitrous or Alcohol or Nitro. That fact we put so much time an effort into this deal for us to use Nitrous or Alcohol or Nitro would be one stupid move. Tell you one thing if we had Nitrous we would be in the 9's long ago doing it without that and using horsepower and Q16 race fuel and taking one step at a time is our only way

What bugs me about this whole deal and the one's helping me is the fact going quicker turns there little world upside down and they start attacking. They should be proud and appreciate the fact that we are putting a strong effort forward to show the outside world beond SCCoA that these cars can go quick and fast almost as quick as a Super Gas car

Like Kurt said you cant win at this deal no matter what you do there will always be the ones fighting aganced you it will never change. We are going to do it and get the job done you can have a tech come to the track take an oil sample after the runs if that make you all happy but I dont think it will. Try to think positive and support our effort in the 9 second quest

Jim,

I don't care how you do it....going 9s in an SC is a huge accomplishment.

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Jim,

I don't care how you do it....going 9s in an SC is a huge accomplishment.

David

Thanks Dave!

We want to accomplish something not just for me and my team but everyone that owns a Super Coupe to be proud of I just hope I dont see Elvis at 1000ft like Force has :-) The Bullet has never let me down its geared for 9's now I cant waite to strap back in her

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Dave,
He has been using racing fuel like everyone at the track up to this point that I know of. Using NOS was never a option.
I'm going to get the day on video and there are going to be other SCCOA members there to watch the run's. Other than that folk's here can beleave what they want, the result's are going to remain the same good or bad.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make hinm drink....I just shoot the horse.

Kurt

Kurt

Chuck is almost done with the car than back over to Dan's shop for some final touches on the 9 second tune and system check. The data recorder race pack system is working good we are going high tech like the pro's call us Pro/V6 the weather looks to be getting real cold here now in the days ahead perfect for my 9 second barrier mashing effort into the un-known. I am like a kid in a candy store cant ever get enough always want more Speed and ET came on 22nd lets get it done

posjr
12-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm there. Just got my TB today. Going to starting match porting the tb tomerrow. My 80mm C&L is on its way. And going to pick up a 10% pully tomerrow from Merlon. I'll be happy to just do 14's.....

posjr
12-05-2007, 09:51 PM
"Dec 22... Sat Test and Tune 12pm-4pm. Gates open 10am. Adm. $50 car/driver"

Damn 50 bucks. Better start saving my gas money and stay home so i can get some runs in. :rolleyes:

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
"Dec 22... Sat Test and Tune 12pm-4pm. Gates open 10am. Adm. $50 car/driver"

Damn 50 bucks. Better start saving my gas money and stay home so i can get some runs in. :rolleyes:

This is great!

Another SC making test runs I got my Chrome Cobra R's with M/T streets if you need to use them? Better BITE :-) We are ready to do some testing and nail that first 9 second run

Jim Demmitt Jr
12-06-2007, 11:03 PM
VP Race fuel

Do any of you need race fuel for the 22nd? I have 5gal of (VP MS 109) left over from our last test & tune

David Neibert
12-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Thank's Dave

This is very much appreciated my key people working on the car say the target goal 9.97et at 136mph is what there setting the car up for. This is a 3.8V6 M-90 IRS AOD SC something thats never been done before they did there homework an IRS SC with 3.8V6 and AOD has never been quicker than 10.659et I set and faster than 129mph you set. Our goal is to go 9's at over 130mph get both ends of the record for a real Super Coupe

I hope all our in support of our effort to set a record never done before Chuck said its risky going 9's in an IRS car of any kind going high 10's or mid 10's is nothing but 9's is a whole differaint world. He is stabalizing it as much as he can he keeps telling me he is glad its not his butt in the drivers seat. I plan to see it through this is my goal not my fathers and I know it will work just fine I got the best guys working on it

I may be doing double driving our life long friend got his new Pro Mod 68 Mustang fastback built by Rick Jones of RJR race cars done with Alan Johnson blown alcohol engine and ready for shakdown runs 6.090et at 232mph he wants to run in testing the 22nd. This is the car we plan on running in WCPMA 2008 season I got a lot on the table this is what I live for thank you again

Congrats on nailing that prediction.

David

posjr
12-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey Jim is it still on for this weekand :confused: