PDA

View Full Version : Email problem

XR7 Dave
12-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Hey guys, I've been trying to send an email to scguys@sccoa.com for awhile now and it keeps getting bounced back. This is the error I get.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configuration parameters.

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not have a mail system running right now.

Your message was not delivered within 2 days and 0 hours.
Host sccoa.com is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:

scguys@sccoa.com

What could the problem be?

Thanks!

90blkbrd
12-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I sent them a test email at 9:18, I'll reply if it comes back.

(I just reread your post) You got that reply on a 2 day old email?

XR7 Dave
12-01-2007, 11:37 AM
This has happened to me at least 2x. I sent in a time slip back in Sept. but it hasn't been updated and I don't recall if it got bounced back or not, so I resubmitted and it bounced back a few days later. Tried again last week and got the same thing again.

Darkside
12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
This has happened to me at least 2x. I sent in a time slip back in Sept. but it hasn't been updated and I don't recall if it got bounced back or not, so I resubmitted and it bounced back a few days later. Tried again last week and got the same thing again.

Maybe their email has a BS filter?:p:eek:

gldiii
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
David, plenty of emails are getting through. I would check with your ISP to see if they can find anything wrong with the headers on your email or how they resolve our address.

Payton
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Maybe his e-mail is full...

XR7 Dave
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I sent it again yesterday but it usually takes a few days to bounce back. I'll try zipping the attachments to see if that works.

XR7 Dave
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Ok, so is there a certain size limit for emails sent to the SCCOA? I sent an email without the pictures and it went ok. I can reduce the size, but how much should I reduce it?

gldiii
12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
We have not really seen this before and I have seen some pretty big attachments. If there are multiple pictures take them down to 800x600 and only attach one to an email.

I don't really think from the error message you got that it is an attachment size issue. But obviously they are not getting delivered.

XR7 Dave
12-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, it was a little over 1mb zipped. Zipping didn't help it get through, it still got bounced back.

gldiii
12-12-2007, 05:57 PM
That is pretty big! Send it to me at gldiii@iname.com and see if I get it.

watsonlk
12-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Maybe their email has a BS filter?:p:eek:

That's a good one...

Kurt K
12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Try the zip again, but change the extension to .txt; I've had problems with certain email server software and that was a good workaround.