cv joint

creeperxr7

the clamp on my boot in the rear axle came splattering the grease everywhere. was wondering what type of grease do i replace the lost one with... .......... dont want to mess it it up had to drive like that pretty long way already... thank u:confused:

Don't know what kind of grease it is but it comes with the cv boot kit you'll need to fix the problem.

The outer CV Joint is loaded with 225 +/- 15 grams (250 +/- 15 grams for the Fat Shaft) of Mobil K 192. The Inner CV joint is loaded with 250 +/- 15 grams of Rykon 1364. Not sure if either grease is available to the public.

Product Description

Greasrex K-192 is a high performance extreme pressure lithium hydroxystearate grease, which provides excellent protection against rust, corrosion and wear. It is formulated especially for use in automotive ball-type constant velocity joints. It contains molybdenum disulfide for added wear protection under conditions of sliding motion.

Features and Benefits

Greasrex K-192 is a member of the Mobil brand of products, which has gained a worldwide reputation for innovation and performance excellence. Greasrex K-192 was designed by our formulation technologists and is backed by our worldwide technical support staff.

Greasrex K-192 was specially designed for lubrication of ball-type constant velocity joints on front wheel drive automobiles over a wide range of climactic conditions. It offers the following features and potential benefits:

Reduced wear under conditions in automotive ball-type CVJs
3% Molybdenum disulfide for extra protection against wear under shock loads and sliding conditions

Features
Chevron Rykon Premium Grease No. 1364 contains polyurea thickener in highly refined paraffinic oil, as well as extreme pressure and rust protection additives. Chevron Rykon Premium Grease No. 1364:

is resistant to oil separation during use and storage.
has excellent high temperature characteristics.
will not blacken copper or steel when tested for one hour at 150°C (302°F).
Applications

Chevron Rykon Premium Grease No. 1364 was formulated specifically for the automotive constant velocity (CV) driveline joints used in front-wheel drive automobiles.

It is compatible with the common elastomers used for boots in the joints and can be used in "hot" CV joints up to 177°C (350°F).

I can't find anywhere to just get the boot, I was going to replace the halfshaft/rearend also, are there any tips I should know aside from the obvious? I saw another post about this too, I guess it's pretty self explanitory? This other post contained many ways to do it, but from experience, what's the easiest?

well if it aint available to the public i guess im just gona go extract it from another rear end. what do u guys think about that. as long as their sealed properly they grease should be in good conditions right
:rolleyes:

Back