corner lights wiring

RichM

I had someone clip me in a parking lot and the only "SC" bumper cover available had the side lights (corner lights). My car originally did not have side lights. I have been told, and my wiring diagram seems to confirm, that most of the wiring harness is there. But I need an extension (aka pigtail) to get the side lights working.

Does anyone know if it is true that a non-side light car had the wiring for side lights?

Has anyone actually added side lights to a non-side light car?

Does anyone have the pigtails? Or, know the part numbers for the connectors?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Rich, I would think that the wiring would be there. My XR7 is wired for foglights even though XR7s don't have them as an option. There's a U-pull junkyard up here in Albuquerque if you need me to look for any pigtails or anything once you find out what you need.

-Jeremy

I had someone clip me in a parking lot and the only "SC" bumper cover available had the side lights (corner lights). My car originally did not have side lights. I have been told, and my wiring diagram seems to confirm, that most of the wiring harness is there. But I need an extension (aka pigtail) to get the side lights working.

Does anyone know if it is true that a non-side light car had the wiring for side lights?

Has anyone actually added side lights to a non-side light car?

Does anyone have the pigtails? Or, know the part numbers for the connectors?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Rich, I added marker lights to my car. Your car does have wiring for the marker lights. You are right, you will need the pigtails to plug into your connector. Find yourself a mn12 in the junkyard with those lights. I think I actually got mine off a Taurus. You'll find your wiring sitting vertical up against a frame piece on the side. The pigtails are about 15" long and plug right in, so use that to help you find the wiring.

Chris

Last edited:
Rich, I added marker lights to my car. Your car does have wiring for the marker lights. You are right, you will need the pigtails to plug into your connector. Find yourself a mn12 in the junkyard with those lights. I think I actually got mine off a Taurus. You'll find your wiring sitting vertical up against a frame piece on the side. The pigtails are about 15" long and plug right in, so use that to help you find the wiring.

Chris

Thank you Chris, that is the information I was looking for.

Jeremy, hopefully the next time I'm in ABQ I can stop by some of the junkyards. The yards down south have a poor selection of MN12s.

Go to Albuquerque auto recyclers "U-pull-it" on broadway where the majority of the junkyards are. You can probably get what you need there for a couple bucks. There's usually a few MN12s there with the cornering lamps not to mention tons of taurus/sable type cars. I'll snag some for ya if I go soon.

Depending how hard up you get for the pigtails. There are two SC's in the local u-pull by my house and one has the lights in the bumper. Not sure what u-pull it wants for the or how much shipping might cost. Depending on where you are in Albuguergue I can ship to one of our warehouse's for free. You would just have to go pick them up. Just a friendly FYI if yon cannot find any.

Thank you all. things worked out and I now have functional cornering lights. I don't know how I lived without them. They really do help to see what your about to turn into.

Thank you everyone that offered help. I appreciated it.

Rich

Back